PDA

View Full Version : Downwards spiral here i come again!!

Pinkbrenda2012
12-10-12, 12:09
Hi i suffer from gad and health anxiety and like everyone i have ups and downs. When i feel good its great and then something will trigger me into a downward spiral until i completely lose control. I feel sick constantly and dizzy was convinced of a brain tumour but i know it isnt really. Just want to be happy an live a normal life. Im worried due to a busy weekend of meal out tomorrow and then a childs birthday party sunday! Just dont want to embarress myself by being ill or crying (i do this alot) i also cant seem to determine the difference between feeling poorly and being anxious its driving me mad:-( some help plz x

paranoidtree
12-10-12, 12:17
sorry you are feeling this way and sending lots of :hugs: to you. Are you taking any medication or seeing a counsellor? A counsellor could be a really good help to you so you can learn to see the differences between illness and anxiety and to help you put some coping mechanisms into place. Hope you are able to enjoy your weekend.

Annie0904
12-10-12, 12:18
You sound just like me! We have a big family meal out tomorrow for my cousins 50th and I can't say I am looking forward to it. I cry a lot too...as soon as I get in an anxious situation I just start to cry. Sorry I haven't been much use in giving advise but at least you know you are not the only one :(

blue October
12-10-12, 12:19
Break the routine!

Goes to a animal sanctuary and adopt a animal or make a small donation. (Just An idea)

Try and cause a distraction from your line of thought.

:hugs:

MRS STRESS ED
12-10-12, 12:29
Im so sorry to here your not feeling good at the moment, that was me for about two months everyday i was dizzy and sick its horrible, you tell yourself you got alsorts wrong with you ,what i did was i would keep myself busy ,the more i done that i started to feel better because i had stop focusing on the dizziness and sickness, the more you focus on it the symptons will stay and i no hard it is but try and focus on other things it will get better sending you a :bighug1:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Pinkbrenda2012
12-10-12, 12:29
I am having cbt and currently on 10 mg of citalopram. I have had this condition for 7 years on and off and although i know the symptoms of panic like the back of my hand i still feel sometimes that i feel different to what panic symptoms i normally have. I have just bought a puppy and have a 2 yr old so i have many distractions but the feeling of sick and being dizzy are always there no matter wot i do.

Annie0904
12-10-12, 12:34
I have it for 8 years now and like you know all the signs of panic attack but it still doesn't stop me panicking. I was anxiety free for a year though but it has recently come back so I just keep telling myself I can overcome it again. I think most of the time it is just the fear of the unknown and I panic about things and places I am going but often when I get there I can sometimes enjoy it.

Pinkbrenda2012
12-10-12, 13:19
Yea i know what you mean like yesterday i met a friend at a childs indoor play centre andfor the first 30 mins i couldnt relax and the butterflies and sickness kicked in but i put it out my mind and stayed for 2 hours! I felt great afterwards until i got home and became overwhelmed with anxiety again! Inthink im due on as my anxiety always heightens at that time of the month. Feel so shaky today though and my ears are burning x

Annie0904
12-10-12, 13:34
My anxiety always got worse just before my period. I have gone through the menopause now and it got even worse for a while.

Zodiac
12-10-12, 13:50
This could have been my own post - I know exactly how you feel as I am going through something similar. It's the dizziness that drives me nuts. What does your counsellor suggest? Distraction is a great technique, but is sometimes hard when you are trying not to focus on the dizziness as the conscious thought not to focus on it, means we focus on it. Have you tried deep breathing, going out for a walk or even something like soduko? For me, writing really helps - either in forums like these, but also I have been keeping a log book of how I feel, and why, and writing this gives me something to d]focus on.

You will get through this - know you are not alone, and that whilst what you are experiecing isn't pleasant, it won't hurt you and can be overcome. I cry all the time, but do this at night-time, it's a great stress reliever and helps me sleep.

And I think if you're honest you probably know deep down that this is anxiety and needs a good kick up the butt - I know mine does. Let me know how you get on - the important thing is not to let it take over your life and stop you from doing things (easy to say and I know I am certainly guilty of this). Stay strong x

Pinkbrenda2012
12-10-12, 14:13
I just wish there was a magic potion to cure these feelings i do think sometimes why do i carry on but i know i must for my little girl i just hate doing ppls heads in all the time x