PDA

View Full Version : Pain and Gurgling

Duck
07-08-06, 18:39
I've been dealing with lower left abdominal pain for about 9 years now. I had a barrage of tests initially and was given the all clear. Once I was given the news that I wasn't going to die and it was stress related, the pain went away and only came back occasionally. Each time, I was able to tell myself "this pain is in your mind, the docs said you're fine" and it would subside.

Well, it's back... Pain in the mid/lower left area of the abdomen and sometimes around to my back, not sharp, but dull and gnawing, like severe hunger, however, it feels too low to be my stomach. Then there is a lot of gurgling in the area followed by relief. Anyone familiar with this type of episode?

I'm worried about going to my doctor and starting all the tests over again. I'm not one who runs to doctors, I tend to run from them instead...

Thanks in advance - Tom

He who conquers himself has won a greater victory than he who conquers a city.
- Proverbs

jackie
07-08-06, 19:33
sounds like ibs if you have been given the all clear. this can cause discomfort in that area and a feeling of gurgling that i get often

hope this helps

jackie

lass
08-08-06, 07:59
Yep, I'd agree! I think it's what they call "active bowel sounds". I get this kind of abdominal and lower back pain - as you say, a dull ache, nothing you could call painful, just an uncomfortable ache that's there a lot of the time. And I get lots of gurgling noises, especially in the mornings.

Caroline

Silly Blonde
08-08-06, 08:23
Me too! I have bad IBS and can get awful pains - usually to the left hand side and very low down.

I know its easier said than done telling yourself its just IBS etc!! I'm terrible - today I have ovarian cancer.

SB xx