PDA

View Full Version : Why can't i trust my Doctor? :(

DylanR
12-10-12, 19:04
I have been suffering with what i perceive to be slurred speech although others say i'm not. My Family doctor who is a very lovely , understanding man done the full range of neurological tests and told me that i shouldn't be worried about a brain tumour. He says if i feel i can't get over it he will send me for an MRI but i just wish i could trust him and not worry about this. :S

bignik
12-10-12, 19:54
Anxiety works in mysterious ways , I have found me stubbling , falling backwards , slurred speech , all for no reason, or medical reason, but push for the tests , because knowing what it isnt does help and often illeviate the symtoms

almamatters
12-10-12, 20:54
Just recently been through the same as in my previous posts. GP 99.9 per cent positive I did not have a brain tumour, but after me visiting the surgery almost weekly stressing, eventually for my own peace of mind send me for a MRI. He knew that no amount of reassurance or logic , was going to convince me. Sometimes having the scan is the best way or ultimately proving things one way or another. I have serious trouble believing my doctor as my health anxiety is out of hand. :weep:

Ats666
12-10-12, 21:18
My health anxiety has got to that point I don't believe my gp...horrible feeling to have :hugs: