PDA

View Full Version : please help!scared i have lung cancer at 25

hollymuso
12-10-12, 23:35
hi there. I havnt written in a while because i worry ill open a can of worms. however i figured there was no harm as i need help. aBout 2 months i quit smoking. from fears of death and lung cancer etc etc. ive always worried about the big c.. since 2010 when ,y ex bfs dad past away within 3 months of going to get a check up. I have been experiencing shoulder pain...which is on the top ..in what feels like the rotatory cuff.? started on the left ...wasnt getting worse...moved to the right...wasnt getting worse just annoying...then now after helping to decorate its in both and down the arms a bit. last few days aswell as ive been getting more and more stressed ive been quite tired...? there is a lot going on in my life at the moment. i have pcos too and my period has been late and ive been so hormonal and on edge.. crying a lot..so im probably run down and due to bad posture and tight back all the time which has been getting worse too ive probably been putting pressure on my shoulder.(s) to be fair i havnt done the exercises or used ice or heat yet. and ive felt the shoulder ache for about 4half months. i recently had a cold but no persistent coughing... or chest pain ...only at times felt tight chest but probably due to the cold i had and anxiety!! but what if my family is telling me to ignore something that could be serious! but now im too afraid to go to doc again. when i told him my fear he listened to my chest etc said 0% chance of lung cancer yet im not convinced..therefore i know i am suffereing health anxiety. i know statistics imply at my age having smoked 11 years im prob being silly and will live a lovely life...seen as ive quit. but with my shoulders getting worse and now a irritating cough today im worried! and scared and stupidly googling! i have been decorating around paint and dust for a couple of days as well though. am i being silly? irrational? anyone know what else it could be??i would imagine if it was cancer ...over 5 moths it would have go A LOT worse by now!not had stages of feeling fine! and hardly noticeable. please someone help me! im so unhappy worrying all the time. im gonna send myself crazy if i cant stop this. im meeting with time to talk soon so hopefully they will assist my thinking habits.

many thanks
xxx

nomorepanic
13-10-12, 00:14
I think after reading your post you have all the reasons and answers there to be honest. The decorating etc.

It doesn't sound like lung cancer to me but my doc reckons she can diagnose it just by doing a few simple tests and asking a few questions so why not go and get reassurance.

supportneeded
13-10-12, 16:50
I think we are both I the same boat. I was certain I was had hepititis, then Galbladder problems such as galstones because of my back and chest abdominal pains but because the doctor wants to do an x ray or my chest and abdominal ultra sound it's got me concerned that its my lungs that are causing all this pain in my right back. I also smoked for around 8yrs. My breathing seems fine but I still can't bare to face the x-ray to seethe damage I'm doing :(. Go to docs and ask for a few tests to ease your mind I'm sure like me we are just looking a bit to far into it lol.