PDA

View Full Version : Issues with apperance and going out

willow30
13-10-12, 10:56
I'm not coping at all i have severe issues with my features. When i look in the mirror i start to panick shake and can't breath properly and just want to burst into tears my family tell me there is nothing wrong with me and it's in my mind but i think there just being kind to me i have always had issues with my teeth from being young i am 30 now and still the same but worse i hate them and i am so paranoid about them and now i have realised my hair is getting very thin on top and all i see when i look in the mirror is bald patches i take pictures of the top of my scalp and my teeth all day every 5 minutes to see if they have got any worse during that time i have 100's and 100's of photo's stored in my phone and i look at them everyday and go into severe panic and can't breath. I hate going out the house because i feel people are staring at me and laughing because i look really bad. When i order things online i dread the delivery man knocking on because i know i'm going to have to answer the *door and i go into panic again. I am terrified of bumping into people i haven't seen for a while because i don't want them to look at me or see how bad i look it just never ends and i can't handle it i just want to beable to go out with out panicking and worrying and beable to look in the mirror without having a panick attack sorry for such a long post needed to get it off my chest thanks for reading

MRS STRESS ED
13-10-12, 11:09
i can relate to you ,as i hate looking in the mirror because i start to look for things then that starts panic off ,im always asking my family what do i look like, am i talking funny and of course we think they just being nice but they are telling us the truth we just canrt believe ,and omg i hate that door going only the other day i missed a parcel because the postman knocked and that set me off, its worse when my anxiety high we have to try and start believing what people say , but its hard i hope you start feeling better soon xxxxxxxxxxx:hugs:

willow30
13-10-12, 11:44
It's so horrible isn't it mrs stress can't believe there is someone else out there that feels the way i do thank you so much for replying this is my first time on here it's great to here from people who have similar issues even thou it's horrible knowing that other people are suffering the way i am :(. No i haven't been to the doctors about it yet Elad but i am planning to as i am getting worse just feel silly saying i have severe issues with my features and i panick and wont leave the house it sounds so silly when i say it but it's destroying my life xx

Chrissy88
13-10-12, 11:45
I have issues with my appearance also. I just think I look abnormally unattractive, although people have said that i'm not and i'm pretty etc and my bf thinks i'm beautiful, I don't believe them, I think they're just being nice so that they don't hurt my feelings. I ended up staying home a lot of days in my final school year because of it, which really affected my exam performance. It's a horrible feeling, I know.

willow30
13-10-12, 11:58
Aww Chrissy if only we could listen to what people are telling us but it just doesn't work like that does it no matter what we will always see flaws and hate the way we look i just feel like my life is wasted i never go out as in a social way to a pub or anything because i feel so ugly and i feel as if people will be judging me. My friend rang me yesterday asking me to go out to lunch next week and i physically cant the thought sends me into panic just want a break as i am sure you do and lot's of other people that are suffering the same thanks for replying x

---------- Post added at 11:58 ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 ----------

Yes i agree Elad i have read up on that and i do have a alot of the symptoms but to me what i am seeing is real the bald patches everything it's really there but people say its not bad i am seeing things alot worse or there not there but i know they are it is definately affecting my quality of life i don't feel like i have one. When i'm talking to people i feel so self conscious and feel they are staring at my flaws like my teeth my hair and so on x

Chrissy88
13-10-12, 12:00
Yeah, I see everyone I went to school with becoming successful in their jobs, getting married and having kids while i'm just stuck in the same position I was when I graduated. It's ike time has just stood still for me. I do have a really great friend who knows of my social anxiety who wants to help get me out a bit which I really appreciate. I know how you feel though, it's so hard. Sending lots and lots of hugs to you, I hope we can all overcome this and claim our lives back. :hugs::hugs:

MRS STRESS ED
13-10-12, 12:14
It's so horrible isn't it mrs stress can't believe there is someone else out there that feels the way i do thank you so much for replying this is my first time on here it's great to here from people who have similar issues even thou it's horrible knowing that other people are suffering the way i am :(. No i haven't been to the doctors about it yet Elad but i am planning to as i am getting worse just feel silly saying i have severe issues with my features and i panick and wont leave the house it sounds so silly when i say it but it's destroying my life xx

your not alone ,i have to force myself to go threw that front door ,but there times i have to go out, the more i do it the better it should become ,i go to cbt every week this helps me alot ,but please go to your gp tell them everything dont feel silly because your certainly not ,there are many of us feel how you do let me no how you get on and remember it takes alot to go and get help you can do it love Jude sending you:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

willow30
13-10-12, 12:22
Glad to hear you have a good friend thats there for you it's what you need mine only found out 2 days ago how bad i am but we dont see each other much anymore she has been ringing me everyday since to see how i am which is sweet :) sending lot's of hugs back take care xx

---------- Post added at 12:22 ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 ----------

Thank you Jude so sorry that your suffering too its so hard to live with are you getting help with yours if you dont mind me asking..i will be definatly going to see the doctor as i am getting worse and i'm starting to get worried with it now and i will let you know how it went when i get seen thanks for the reply again and sending hugs back your way x

Magic
13-10-12, 12:30
Willow,
At this very moment I have my bed covered with clothes.
and i have just washed my hair.
We are going to a party tonight. I really do not want to go. I am panicking.
I do not posses any party clothes, so it will have to be jeans and top.
My hair is limp and thin so I am going to put loads of gooy stuff on to
make it look thicker.
I will know no one there as it is someone my husband used to work with.
I envy people who can face anything without getting worked up.
Take care all:hugs::hugs:hugs for all with this postxx

MRS STRESS ED
13-10-12, 12:48
[Thank you Jude so sorry that your suffering too its so hard to live with are you getting help with yours if you dont mind me asking..i will be definatly going to see the doctor as i am getting worse and i'm starting to get worried with it now and i will let you know how it went when i get seen thanks for the reply again and sending hugs back your way x[/QUOTE]

I spoke to my gp ,he has been great and my cbt thearpist has been great as well good luck take care xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:bighug1:

willow30
13-10-12, 13:32
Glad to hear you are getting some help with it Jude take care also.x

Aww Magic i completely understand where you are coming from it must be so hard for you to do when you feel so low about yourself i hope you go and have a lovely time even thou i know you are just going to be self conscious allnight sending you big hugs and my hair is very limp and thin too i'm constantly looking in the mirror and panicking that it is getting more thin and bald every day like you i also envy people who can face anything i would love to be like that and wake up in the morning looking forward to the day ahead instead of sitting crying and conatantly looking in the mirror and panicking at the reflection that stares back at you :( take care and i really do hope you can try and have a lovely night x

Magic
13-10-12, 14:47
Thanks Willow,
I just would like to stop in, although I will try to pull myself together,
I will miss the quiz on here tonight.:hugs:

smit
13-10-12, 15:00
Willow, sorry to hear you feel so bad about yourself :hugs:

I can relate as I felt similarly about my appearence when I was a teen. I just tried to remind myself that people dont pay *that* much attention, or rather not as much as you imagine. Sure they may giggle a bit when they see the drunken students rolling into tescos at 12 in their pjs but most people wont go out of their way to make you feel even more self concious.

Its not silly reaction to feel that way, maybe your GP can reccomend you to someone ? Having your supportive friends around is going to be so helpfull if you keep them in the loop about how you are feeling .

Friends of mine made me write one thing I liked about myself every day when I was bad :P (for example "Today my boobs are amazing" :blush:) hehe or my bum is a better shape than <some celeb> it helped in the end

willow30
13-10-12, 15:29
Aww i can understand Magic i hate going out must be horrible when you don't really have a choice. What quiz is on i am new on here :).

Hi Smit i just wish i could listen to people and it would sink in to stop me thinking about how ugly i am and that i am going bald and so on but nothing seems to work with me i am getting worse i seriously need to get something done about it i cant cope with it anymore just so low and down all the time i dont feel like i have a life. Lol that's great you can write things down you love about yourself i haven't got one thing so im screwed haha x

smit
13-10-12, 16:13
Do you compare yourself to others ? Because compared to the models you see photoshopped in all the magazines I'd have nothing positive to write about myself. Look at what is good for you ?

Sounds like you in a dark place right now, so maybe a trip to a counciller will help you sort your thoughts out a bit ?
Try and stay positive! You wont feel like this about yourself forever I promise xxxx

Edie
13-10-12, 18:56
Willow, I'm glad you're going to see your doctor about this.

Not all people in the world are supermodels. When you go out and about you will see many people who have physical attributes that are widely regarded as unattractive. For example, many people are overweight, have wonky teeth, messy hair, or spotty skin. Very few people are entirely satisfied with their physical appearance. But most people do not suffer all those painful feelings you've talked about. That's why this sounds like something different that you need to get some help with.

You're not silly, because it's not silly to have a medical problem. But you do need and deserve some support to get your life back.

Magic
14-10-12, 10:26
Willow,
I did go to the party, i was not dressed right, could not wait to get out.
I told my hubby not to except any more invitations,and he agrees cos he
could not stand the loud music.
Willow, there is a quiz on here every saturday night.
You have to go into the chat room.
It is good fun. There is no winner,unless you keep your own score.
I think you have to download something to be able to acsess the chat room.
Take care xx

electrical_stormgirl
16-10-12, 13:53
Perfect looking people are boring! It's our flaws that make us interesting and give us character (that's what I keep telling myself anyway!!) :D