PDA

View Full Version : Aneurysm Anxiety!

Ziggy455
13-10-12, 14:41
I've recently been diagnosed with GAD and PTSD. I used to suffer heavy migraines that have stopped but I constantly have grainy vision and such. Recently I've been terrified of two things: MS and a brain aneurysm. MS is sort of dealt with and here's the story.

I went to A&E because my panic attacks were so debilitating that my symptoms were in high gear. I would see visual disturbances, have tingling arms, chest pains. I would break down. The doctors did manual neurological tests, and told me I was fine. The next day I went to an optometrist who looked at the back of my eyes and told me my eyes are completely healthy (except for Myopia caused by overuse of computers. I used them heavily for years and years every day.) I left feeling better because I was given the all clear. But my GAD kicked up more and I began to panic more and more.

I was taken back to A&E a week later and the doctors did both blood tests (Blood pressure, sugar, glucose levels, and everything else was perfect) and also an ECT which showed no irregularities. I was given more manual neurological tests, a doctor tested my eyes, did several more blood tests and then told me I was healthy and that my GAD and circumstances are understandable in causing me concern. I left and have felt better since but at the back of my mind I'm still terrified I'm going to have an aneurysm and drop dead.

My irregular almost non-existent migraines and grainy vision fuel this.

I also suffered a bad flu and now I have a sinus infection which worries me more. On top of that my jaw clicks constantly throughout the day, almost every day, I feel like a cracking below the inner ear but thee is no pain: I hear this is TMJ and is related to aneurysms?

I'm so worried but I've begged both my GP, Doctor, and Optometrist to refer me and they all tell me I'm healthy. I'm so terrified. I don't want to feel like this anymore.

Ziggy455
13-10-12, 23:51
Anybody?! What can I do?

Anxious_gal
14-10-12, 00:06
I get migraines and grainy vision.
Migraines tend to be hormone related with me :(
The herb feverfew seems to help me.
Also solphodeine, that's paracetamol,codeine and caffeine.
I use the ones you mix with water.

I have TMJ my jaw clicks on both sides, sometimes it cracks very loudly, sometimes it gets tight and the muscles hurt which can give me a migraine.

I started having sinus infections too this year.

The thing is, none of us know if we will have a heart attack, health issue or brain issue.
It's not something that's easily predicted or even controlled.

But the doctors think you're healthy : )

jessicawindham7
14-10-12, 06:59
I have the same thoughts as you and they r driving me crazy. I check my bp like back to back. I tell my self I'm okthat I'm just panicing. But it feels like I'm just waiting to die why do we think like this. Not many people even have them so why do we live in fear everyday I want my life back. So glad to see someone else have the same thought as me

shelley1813
14-10-12, 08:22
jessica my boss at work died suddenly off an aneurysm and i myself then convinced myselt was going to happen to me. The symptoms were awful. Was at docs 4 times a week and thought i was just gna drop dead. Doc was lovely, very understanding said it was all in my mind and if i did have an aneurysm i wouldnt still be walking round with it after months of conviencing myself iw was there. Dont worry you ars fine annd how long have you felt like this??? xx

---------- Post added at 08:22 ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 ----------

sorry not jessica, ziggy xx

Ziggy455
14-10-12, 12:19
For years it's been on my mind but in the last two months it's been kicked into overdrive! I know I have GAD and PTSD and I've been given a date for therapy but this aneurysm fear is killing me, regardless of my blood pressure, and I'm terrified I have one!

chris9
14-10-12, 17:09
I understand , I get those pains in the back of my head that don't seem real but also feel quite legit and sometimes it feels like someone is squeezing my head and water is running down it, when I went to the doc everything was normal and he told me they were "classic anxiety symptoms".

I don't think it is a aneurysm.

simi
17-10-12, 18:46
My husband had an aneurysm 15years ago. There was no warning, he just collapsed after complaining of terrible headache, no migraine really healthy before it happened. They operated, and he got over it very well. It seems it happens totally out of the blue, so I really don,t think you should worry, I know easier said than done but the odds are so much on your side.Take care

Ziggy455
21-10-12, 11:16
Yesterday my tongue went numb and I decided to google it. Numb tongue points to an aneurysm so you can understand me when I had the worst panic attack in weeks. I don't know what to do anymore. I feel like it's impossible to get a CT or MRI.