PDA

View Full Version : feel like im back to square one :(

sazlebazle
13-10-12, 17:53
hi been a while since ive been on here as i was doing really well ive been taking 25mg of amitriptylie for tension headaches and anxiety and for the last 8 weeks ive been doing brilliantly no headaches no anxiety at all been going out life has been completely different and ive loved it but 3 days ago i could feel a headache brewing and thought it would pass but today its worse than ever the room spins when i stand etc its awfull and my anxiety is back :( been shopping today and it felt like i was on a boat all uneasy really bad sweats it was horrible my question is do you think the amitriptyline has stopped working should i up the dose, i have 10mg tablets and cut one in half so not sure if to go up to 30mg ? ive put a stone on in weight and was wondering if cause ive put on weight i might need a higher dose ? can anyone help i cant handle going back to how i was i love my life now my job etc x

Annie0904
13-10-12, 18:04
It may just be a little blip...remember every on gets bad days even if they don't suffer from anxiety. Try to stay positive and remind yourself of all the good days and hopefully you will soon feel better again. If you don't maybe it would be worth a visit back to your doctor for a medication review. :hugs:

sazlebazle
13-10-12, 19:06
thanks for the reply i know thats what i hope im hoping its just a couple of down days but its horrible after being on a high for so long and i can feel the downness returning and im already wanting to cancel plans i have tomorrow ...... i hate the dizzyness with the headache :(

Annie0904
13-10-12, 19:22
I know that is always my initial reaction when I get some bad days...oh no it is here to stay but then I just tell myself No it isn't! It is just a little blip. The key is to try to look for the positives (I know that is hard when you are feeling so bad). Nice soak in the bath tonight, try to relax watching tv or doing something to distract you. I hope you can continue with your plans tomorrow and have a good day. :hugs:

sazlebazle
14-10-12, 18:56
hi continued with my plans today and had a great day no dizzyness as such but could feel the headache brewing i took some paracetamol this morning so i think that helped .... the headache is back now :( not to bad but still there think i might see the doctor tomorrow and see what she says ..... im thinking it might be hormonal as i think its getting to that time of the month :/ so who knows im gonna try not to let it get me down x