PDA

View Full Version : has any one tried mirtazapine

traciec39
07-08-06, 22:21
my doc has decided that as prozac isnt helping with my constant panic attacks, that i should take mirtazapine. i looked it up on google(as we do)
and they are worrying me, could anyone help me.

thanks so much
luv tracie

I CAN, I WILL , I AM

farrah2412
08-08-06, 00:06
hi

i have been on mirtazapine for around a year now--it has been ok the side effect of tiredness only lasted for the 1st 1 to 2 weeks--i have previously tried ssri's and found the side effects awful too much for me to deal with---so i have been very grateful that the mirtazapine has been easy to start on
farrah

chop
08-08-06, 04:35
I am on 60mg (high dose) at night along with an SSRI (low dose) in morning.

No side effects apart from slight weight gain and tired when you first start it.

Has helped me LOTS. Has calmed me a lot and helped depression more than others.

Chop

Learning to under react

ren
08-08-06, 11:25
I was on it. 15mg then moved to 30mg, that's when my bad panic started. I came off it nearly a month ago, unfortunately the panic still remains. Personally I'd not touch the stuff again with a barge poll.

Silly Blonde
09-08-06, 09:47
I've been on it for over 18 months - was on 45mg and apart from feeling grotty for the first 2 weeks - I just put on a lot of weight - which wasn't a bad thing at the time.

I have been ok on them but am recently married and want to start a family soon, so have just come off them.

Knowing how I feel now - not sure I'd take them again. I was on 45mg, then dropped to 30mg, then down to 15mg and then off completely. Admittedly, maybe I should have tried every other day etc, but my psych didn't tell me that.

Have had stomach ache, nausea, back ache, heartburn and frequent trips to the loo since I took my last one on Friday.

They really did help me at the start - but the coming off them is NOT nice! Anyone any idea how long this will last - just want to curl up in bed and die.

SB x