PDA

View Full Version : That choking feeling

Laura123
13-10-12, 21:46
Tonight I feel bloated, pressure in my chest and stomach and have that horrible feeling like an apple is stuck in my windpipe, throat feels tight, I hate that feeling. Anyone else? X

daisydo
13-10-12, 21:51
Hi laura, i get the apple stuck in my shoulder blades and have had the pressure in the chest earlier today, tho went out a walk sore at the start of the walk but seemed to subside as I went further so think I'll be walking every day now, hope you have a better day tomorrow x

Laura123
13-10-12, 21:52
I was out walking today too, started a few hours ago, trying not to focus on it but that's like telling a monkey not to look at the banana isn't it lol x

daisydo
13-10-12, 21:58
yeah easier said, but so easy to get scared when you are in the middle of it all. I really hope this all calms down soon, I feel a bit calmer as last few days on the sertraline but doesnt seem to be doing anything for the symptoms :(

Laura123
13-10-12, 22:05
I am also taking propranolol which is quite calming, has your gp not given you anything to take along with sertraline? X

daisydo
13-10-12, 22:10
yip Im on that beta blocker too along with the anti d, was considering cutting down on it (beta blocker) as on it every night, du take one a day mine is 80mg? I was taking Omeprazole also one a day for digestion etc but dont think thats doing me any good so have stopped this yesterday...x

Laura123
13-10-12, 22:13
I take 20 mg propranolol 3 times a day and sertraline 50mg once a day. I take Zantac too. Feel a bit better now :) x

Annie0904
13-10-12, 22:13
Tonight I feel bloated, pressure in my chest and stomach and have that horrible feeling like an apple is stuck in my windpipe, throat feels tight, I hate that feeling. Anyone else? X

Hope you feel better soon..just keep reminding yourself how well you have done the past few days :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Laura123
13-10-12, 22:17
Have noticed I kind if wilt around 9pm, like my battery just dies, and fight sleep till about 10.30 till I finally give in and go to bed, I am sleeping like a log these days! X

Elle-Kay
13-10-12, 22:17
You're doing really well with your progress Laura. Anything you feel tonight is just a blip, I'm sure :)

daisydo
13-10-12, 22:18
yip Im on 50mg too, thats good your feeling a bit better, seems to come and go which is a good thing, try and get a half decent nights sleep if poss, that helps everything, x

Laura123
13-10-12, 22:20
Thanks peeps :) you always make me feel better xx

daisydo
13-10-12, 22:38
thats what we're here for, nice to know someone understands xx

itsinthehead
13-10-12, 22:55
Hi there, i had a thing called " globus fersofficus " or it sounded simliar to that lol! but yeah, i had it and its an anxiety disorder of the throat. basically i couldnt eat solid food and everything had to be in fluid form, their was times where i thought i was gonna starve to death, but you have to face anxiety head on! i had to keep telling myself " its all in the head " before i knew it i was back eating all my favourite food but ofcourse once you face one part of anixety another fear comes along..dont worry it will pass aslong as you fight it love. all the best x

Laura123
14-10-12, 00:42
I go through phases of struggling to swallow food. Also have a thing with tablets, I have them in my mouth and take a big mouth if water but it takes me ages to actually being myself to swallow. Odd lol x

Annie0904
14-10-12, 09:31
My husband takes a lot of tablets for heart problems and he has always had problems swallowing them. One of the nurses he saw recently advised him to put the tablets in a spoonful of yoghurt, put it in your mouth then wash it down with milk or water.

Magic
14-10-12, 14:40
I am continualy choking even when I am not eating, might be something to do with
my saliva. Its been going on for years.
When I had an operation the anestathist aked me if i was worried about
anything before i went to theatre,and i said i was frightend of choking.
I also choke sometimes when eating a meal, it's horrible and also embarassing, so I tend to eat slowly and am the last to finish eating.
Take care everyone:hugs:PS. I am still here though thats the main thing.