PDA

View Full Version : Palpitations, anxiousness, numbness etc

Peter_harper
13-10-12, 22:05
Hi everyone...now I'm not sure if I'm posting in the correct place but here goes...

I was suffering from frequent panic attacks waking me up in the middle of the night, feeling like I was having a heart attack, shortness of breath, dizziness, vertigo, anxiousness just to name a few.

Anyhoo...I was prescribed Citalopram 20mg, sufferd badly with side affects but battled through it and have been feeling slightly better for 6months of so but the past week I've been suffering again and don't know why ?? I have many other feelings and issues (depression etc)

Pete.

Annie0904
13-10-12, 22:10
Sometimes we get what I call 'little blips' where it comes back again. I just tell myself I have overcome it before so can do it again. Try to be positive but if you don't feel you are improving go back to your gp and he may review your meds.

MRS STRESS ED
13-10-12, 22:16
i no how you feel its awful i suffered with dizziness ,my heart pounding all the time numbness in my arms sometimes legs for two months everyday ,it still comes and goes but my cbt thearpist said the more i focus on the symptoms the longer they will stay ,shes right because i try not to focus on it and i feel better ,im not saying its completley gone but its got better hope b you feel better soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:hugs:

Peter_harper
13-10-12, 22:32
I have been trying to pick myself up and get on with things, but my depression is starting to creep back into full swing which is making things so much more difficult. Struggling to find a purpose if you like. I've asked my GP for more than tablets ie: phscologist but I'm not seeming to get the help.

Oh and thanks for the prompt replys. Pete

Annie0904
13-10-12, 22:35
Has your doctor not referred you for counselling? I would request it. There are also some online courses. I am doing the CBT4Panic online and it is really helping me.

Peter_harper
13-10-12, 22:46
Yeah I've asked for councilling but they won't offer it me, I have had councilling before (years ago) which seemed to help for a while. The hospital say my panic attacks are most likely caused by subconscious feelings/thoughts so I can't address the root of the problem??

Sorry if this seems all very confusing, I'm quite confused myself.