PDA

View Full Version : moved home

tricia56
14-10-12, 12:07
hi not sure if this anything to do with anxiety so ill try and explain. i moved home 6wks ago and i keep feeling ive made the wrong decision now.as it happened so quickly i didnt really sit and thought it thro .i lived in the same part of my home town all my life and when i split from my ex about 6yrs ago i had to move in to a private rented house with my 3 children which was in the same area ware ive always lived. the house was nice but landlord wasnt so i went on the local houseing list to get a coucil property as i felt insecure living in private rented as knowing the landlord could kick me out at anytime and because of my anxirty i wanted to feel abit more secure .so after 5yrs on the waiting list i finaly was offerd to look at aproperty from local housing even tho it was the other side of my home town i had to view it on a fri which i did and its a loverly house and the area seems nice and strait away when i viewed it i sighed for it without even going away and thinking about it.i had to move in the following week . but now i m not sure if ive made the right decion as my anxiety has been bad since i moved and i dont know weather its just because ive moved away from comfort zone and not being around my family and people i used to know even tho i didnt go out much or see my family much. do have a daughter who lives nr by to me which is good and my other children come to visit me and still have my other children at home so really nothing has changed even tho i moved but i just keep feeling i shouldnt of moved or is just because i suffer with anxiety that i feel this way , think im just looking for reasurance that ive made the right decion

Annie0904
14-10-12, 12:48
Moving house is a stressful time for anyone so suffering from anxiety it will affect you even more. Think about the positives of your new home and give yourself time to adjust to your new surroundings...it will soon feel like home :hugs:

Edie
14-10-12, 16:25
Moving home is always stressful. I find any unfamiliar situation makes me anxious, so living in a new home in a new community is definitely something that would make me very anxious. It sounds like there are a lot of positives about your new home. I hope you will feel better once you settle in a bit.

munchkins
19-10-12, 14:38
I agree to the posts above. Moving home (http://www.moving-portal.com) definitely affects your anxiety more. Try to relax and familiarize your surroundings and you might find yourself loving it every second since you loved it already when you first saw it right? Just think positive thoughts like having your kids around you and keep away those bad thoughts you have. You can always call your relatives too and have them gather at your home like housewarming or so.