PDA

View Full Version : back to work

Tessie28
14-10-12, 12:09
Hi everyone,
I'm back to school tomorrow after two weeks off with stress. I am making progress and have given notice for Christmas [the doctor was pleased]. Now I'm in a state about going back. Can't stop the tears and worried I won't be able to stop them tomorrow.

I will be getting some help from Tuesday [NHS councelling - sp]. Feel I am moving forward but need to get through the next 36 hours.

Any advice or thoughts would be welcomed. I am currently reading the overcoming anxiety for dummies book.

thanks Teresa:blush:

Annie0904
14-10-12, 12:45
I know how you feel Teresa. I have a sick note until 5th November then should be going back to work in school on a phased return. If you don't feel ready to go back though and it is making you so anxious I would go back to your GP for another sick note or discuss a phased return. Don't rush back if you are really not ready, I know how stressful a school can be!!

Tessie28
14-10-12, 14:10
Thanks Annie,
sadly I work in the private sector so a phased return isn't on the cards. I have to do it and I will. I just have to focus on the end of term. Hope you feel better soon x

Annie0904
14-10-12, 14:18
I would get a sick note for a longer time then if you really feel like you can't go back yet. I am sure your doctor would be understanding of this. 2 Weeks is not long when you are so anxious. If you do feel you need to be back at work though at least you know it isn't going to be for a long. The first day back after an absence is always the worst and after that one is over the others may not seem so bad. :hugs:

MRS STRESS ED
14-10-12, 14:35
I agree with you Annie ,I am due back to work the end of this month on a phased return ,the nearer it gets the worse I feel ,if I still feel the same I wont be going in we shouldnt have this pressure on us xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tessie28
14-10-12, 16:57
Hi, yep the doc offered me longer but I just feel it will get harder as time goes on. The good side to that is if it goes really badly I only need to ring him up for longer. I think you are right though Annie, I know it is only for two months [less half term]. After that who knows, I want to do supply but only a couple of days per week. For now get through tomorrow. I'll let you know how I go, thanks girls and take care xx