PDA

View Full Version : Visible heart beat

Worried-jen
14-10-12, 12:57
Hi, i've been really worried recently i can see my heart beating in my stomach really noticeable and sometimes my chest, im really worried about this keep thinking theres something wrong with my heart, i keep getting palpatations, heartbeat going fast then getting really slow and also very noticeable veins making me think something wrong with my heart, so anxious and now im thinking i know i have health anxiety but it cant cause all this :( been googling which i shouldnt and came up with aortic anuerism, its when the artery in your stomach swells and can cause death also said symptoms are anxiety, stress, abdominal pain which i have been getting on and off, and sometimes theres no symptoms, really worried, please help x

---------- Post added at 12:57 ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 ----------

Also my heart goes way to fast when standing up or just walking up stairs :(

panic12
14-10-12, 13:18
Mines the same. are you skinny or have a toned stomach? because my doctor said I could see my stomach beating because I had a toned stomach. Also when you lay down your heart beats alot harder so making the pulse seem more visible, and yes obviously when you walk up stairs your heart rate will increase as it's a physical activity even though you don't actually think it is. If concerned see your doctor

oh and when you go from sitting/laying to standing up your heart has to deliver blood around your body quickly so that you don't pass out, thats why you sometimes get a 'head rush'

clank
14-10-12, 13:23
Hey dude your perfectly fine don't worry about it. When your nervous your heart is going to beat much faster than usual. And since we have anxiety we are constantly nervous do our heart is pretty much beating fast all day everyday. But when we calm down a little but our heart rate slowers. Sometimes I can see my shirt rumble a tiny bit when my heart beats. You googled which put you in a state of panic. Your fine. Close that google off and stop searching things up or you will always think there is something deadly wrong when in reality your healthy :)

almamatters
14-10-12, 16:57
I asked my GP last year about this, as whenever I was lying down I could see my stomach jumping with the pulse. She said it is normal to be able to see this in thin people. Mine is worse when I am concentrating on it, so do my best to ignore it. Not easy!