PDA

View Full Version : AWFUL PANIC PLEASE HELP

Barb
08-08-06, 10:38
hI everyone, I am sitting here in absoblute terror, just crept up on me, tried all the coping things we have been taught but nothing is helping feel like I want to scream and feel so trapped as I cant move when I feel like this. Felt great yesterday, how can such fear come from nowhere?? So scared something is going to happen to me. Just need some reassurance please.

Luv Barb xxxxx

hayles
08-08-06, 10:59
Barb,

You will be fine.
I know you cant get a grip at the mo, but deep breaths.
Roll with it and it will pass.

Hope you feel better soon

Hay x

clickaway
08-08-06, 11:00
All I can say Barbis, "Let it Pass".

However horrible is, just let the panic run over you, and accept the pain. You are safe.

Hugs,

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Piglet
08-08-06, 11:20
I agree with Ray hun - let it wash over you and don't even try and fight it.

Are you/have you got your relaxation tapes to hand.

Remember its not going to harm you it just feels horrible. Too much adrenaline and all that - could you do some movements to use up the adrenaline????

Love Piglet x

Eclipse
08-08-06, 11:23
Ditto to the above & hope it passes soon!

Magz
XXXX

Barb
08-08-06, 11:53
Ah thanks everyone, feel a little better now, did what you said and just road the storm, Soooooo hard, feel very tired now and may lay and do a relaxation tape.

Luv Barb xxxxxxxx

sheena
08-08-06, 12:13
Hi Barb

I have had a couple of anxious days. Yesterday I didn't go out anywhere. Today, I made myself go out. I am agoraphobic and so frightened of going backwards. So today, even though I am feeling very anxious, I felt the fear and went and got my newspaper, swept the driveway and walked the dog. The poor dog always wants to go further and follow her normal walk but I can only manage half way then I have to turn back. I am hopeful that soon I will be able to manage the whole of the walk.

Glad you are feeling better. The symptoms of anxiety can be so overwhelming and frightening.

Sheena

SHEENA

Barb
08-08-06, 12:56
Hi Sheena

I am agoraphobic too, and like you I hate it when I have to stay in, but I cant go out on my own as I live in a little hamlet with no shop, so my daughter takes me out lunchtimes. You are doing really well hun, its so hard isnt it? but we will get there in the end.

Barb xx

polly daydream
08-08-06, 15:12
Hi Barb glad you are feeling a little better now.

Take care,

Polly

Barb
08-08-06, 17:30
Thanks Polly.

Luv Barb xx

jackie
08-08-06, 20:27
barb just reading this now, hope you are feeling better

fear seems to grip us from no where but i think we are always on alert which makes it more likely

hope it has past

jackie

missacorah
09-08-06, 19:20
Hi. I dont know whether I am agoraphobic as such but when I read these forums it is the one I idenify most with. I never ever like going out but feel terrible about myself if I dont. I worry before I go out, while I am out and on the way home. I find I am usually more successful at going out first thing in the morning - llater on i usually wimp out. Can I ask you what it is you are afriad of as I am genuinely interested. With me I have an overwhelming fear of fainting while I am in public and thats what stops me going out, I think it stems from me almost fainting one day while I was out shopping. That time however,it wasnt due to panic attacks. I had a viral infection. be intersted to hear your experiences.