PDA

View Full Version : Loferamine Hydrochloride (Gamanil)

IanB
08-08-06, 10:40
Hi

I've tried searching the forums about Loferamine Hydrochloride, but couldn't find anything about it. I was prescription this after I visited the local CPN. They changed it from the Citalopram I had been taking for 8 months, in increasing doses.

I started by taking 1 X 70 mg tablet a night, which is now been raised to 3 X 70mg. I have been on this dosage for over a month now.

I don't feel that they are working anymore. I still suffer the same symptoms as before.

Anyone else using it?
Any known problems/side effects?
Anyone know if there is an alternative?

alexis
08-08-06, 10:52
Hi Ian, I am on this, again I had months of Citaloprim,
I am on it night and morning just one tablet each time, I find it has worked better than citaloprim, but once i felt better I reduced it myself and went right back to square one, you need to be taking it 6 months feeling OK my gp said before reducing. It does take a while to get into the system.
There are side effects as with every drug but I never read the leaflets or I will have them, the only big problem I have and it may not be the drug, is excessive sweating,Im always very hot.
hope this helps a bit.

IanB
08-08-06, 11:05
Hi Alexis

Thanks for the info. My GP said that it would take a couple of weeks to kick in, but I've always been a little bit impatient when it comes to getting better. Suspose I'd better take it a day by day.

And yes, I suffer from the sweating as well. It's so bad that I can't sleep in bed at night. I curl up on the sofa next to an open window.

alexis
08-08-06, 11:37
Hi Ian, definitly at least three months, i think I was told and if they have altered your dose maybe longer?
Your not impatient, wanting to be cured yesterday like me is impatient.:D
Could you buy a fan?
Just a thought, xxx

IanB
08-08-06, 12:12
Hi Alexis.

Yeah I've thought about buy a fan, but money is tight at the moment.

Also there is another reason why I can't sleep in my bed. Check out my enter in 'Introduce Yourself' , under 'A year of Hell'. You might understand why I have a problem with my bed.

nomorepanic
08-08-06, 12:39
Ian

I personally have no experience of it.

Found this other post for you though..

lofepramine tablets (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4433)

Nicola

alexis
08-08-06, 12:40
O so sorry Ian, I had read that, even replied just didnt put the two together, sorry again, me and my big foot!:(

IanB
08-08-06, 12:53
Alexis - No worries.

I'm always putting my size 9's (and half my leg!), it's nice to know that I am in good company.

Coni
08-08-06, 20:31
Hi Ian,

I've just read your other post....you've had a really rough time lately. You'll find this site really helpful though.

I've been on lofepramine for 4 months (had cipralex for 8 months last year). I have found them very helpful though only noticed a big difference in the last month. I take 70mg morning and night. I also find I'm very hot and have a dry mouth, but its worth it to feel so much better. The only thing is now I feel better I'm tempted to try and reduce the dose but Im trying to resist doing that as I dont think it would be wise.

Hang on in there with them if you can and hopefully you'll see some improvement.

Take care

Coni X

alexis
08-08-06, 21:10
Hi, Coni dont reduce the dose without Drs advice, i did at Christmas and it was the biggest mistake ever, i thought i could just take one a day and that would be a gradual reduction but i ended up very depressed.

Coni
09-08-06, 08:16
Hi Alexis,

thanks for the advice....in my head I know its best not to mess about with the dose but sometimes I feel so much better its like I think this is fine I really dont need them, even though I know deep down thats not the case. I wont reduce the dose just now, tempted though I am. I really dont want to go back to square one....and I start a new job next week so I know I'm probably going to be very stressed over the next while till I settle in (actually I'm absolutely terrified lol!!!)

thanks for thinking of me

Coni x

Jem27
21-08-06, 13:41
I was on lofepramine for 12 weeks, I was constantly sweating, lost my apetite so lost lots of weight, felt sick, dizzy etc.... I ended up having depression not just anxiety;)