PDA

View Full Version : wife wants to leave, for the second time

dabrucru
15-10-12, 07:51
hi all, so after 3 years since my wife decided she wants to quit, she s doing it for the second time. this is what triggered my anxiety 3 years ago, now that i was doing fine, she is feeling 'that feeling' again.

the positive thing is that i am taking things more easy, its like i know what its going to happen, i feel more calm. the thing that annoys me most is that i was doing really fine , anxiety free etc.

i also think she s a bit depressed, since her mum died 3 years ago, its like a part of her died with her mum. than this year her dad was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, the cancer was removed , but now he s adiabetic type 1. so he has to get injected with insulin 4 times a day. he does not know how to cook, do the laundry, etc, there is also her brother a 22 year old who has just finished university and started working recently, which btw, all he does is drink tea, eat, and spend his free time on facebook. so my wife and her sister do in terms who cooks do the laundry clean the house etc ,her sister who is married but likes to 'serve' them the way her mum use to do. i tried several times to tell my wife that its stressfull to live like this, i m not saying not to help her family but our relationship is sufferring a lot...

my wife now decided that she wants to be alone, so she s renting an appartment for 2 months to see how she goes....

its a long post sorry , but now that i wrote this i feel much better, thanks for reading, is there someone who s going in through the same situation?

:unsure:

Tufty
15-10-12, 08:10
Hi,
I'm not in the same situation as you but wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you and sending you hugs.
It sounds like you've both been through so much these last few years, it maybe that your wife needs so time out to re-evaluate and think about what she wants. Hopefully she'll realise that it's not you she needs to change but her responsibilities to her family. I would suggest you tell her how much she means to you and let her have some time away -it does sound like she may be feeling low and this is her time to spend some time on herself.
It's good that you are taking it easy, remember to eat, drink and sleep well and remember if the anxiety does worsen you recovered before and you will again
Take Care
Sam:hugs:

dabrucru
15-10-12, 11:16
thanks very much sam, i'm taking things easily and living day by day...