PDA

View Full Version : Feel so guilty

Jenwales
15-10-12, 09:40
My boyfriend had the stomach flu and I'm so worried I will get it. We havn't seen each other since he had it and it's been over 48 hrs but I feel worried i will get it and guilty that I'm worried about it.
Please don't judge.
I think I may have a phobia or something or being ill
I just wanted to get this off my chest.

bernie1977
15-10-12, 09:56
I know exactly how you feel as I'm terrified of getting a sickness bug. I think I have a phobia of vomitting.

I hope you manage to see your partner soon as he shouldn't be infectious anymore. The fear of vomitting is one of the most common phobias so don't think you're strange for feeling this way.

Jenwales
15-10-12, 10:25
Thanks. I'm seeing him today and I've read conflicting views on whether he's contagious or not. Oh, well I guess I'll have to just get on with it.
Thanks for being understanding, anxiety is never a simple thing is it? Always brings friends

paranoidtree
15-10-12, 10:35
i'm the same, last year my husband had food poisoning and i knew i couldn't catch it from him but i hated being in the same house as him! It's nothing to feel guilty over, it's perfectly normal. No-one likes being unwell and i'm sure he understands!

Last week i had a really bad upset tummy and i really panicked but i survived it, and when it came back on Saturday night i didn't panic half as much (or at all thinking about it).

If (and it's a pretty big if) you did get ill, tell yourself 'I'll handle it' and 'I can cope'. That really helped me though i do hope you are going to be just fine. :hugs: