PDA

View Full Version : courage to drive

musiclover
15-10-12, 18:06
During this last relapse I have been concerned that if I drive I will pass out as earlier in the relapse I had been struggling to eat. I am eating regularly now although I still have no appetite. I am now considering to use my car for short journeys to get me out, is this what I need to do to get over this anxiety?

Annie0904
15-10-12, 18:10
I think it will be a good idea to start with a short journey and then gradually go a bit further to build your confidence up :)

Edie
15-10-12, 20:46
I think that's the right approach, yes. Start with very small drives you know for sure you can complete, to help build up your confidence. Even if it means just going to the end of the road and back again. Choose occasions when you have managed to eat and feel fresh. Take a trusted friend if it would help. Driving instructors will often do a couple of lessons for qualified drivers who are nervous or haven't driven in a while.

musiclover
18-10-12, 22:45
Just to let you know I got my car yesterday, drove it back with my mum and took her for another drive later on and drove twice on my own today (short journeys) and once with my step-dad to get new tyres :)

fozzy is crying
18-10-12, 22:48
Just to let you know I got my car yesterday, drove it back with my mum and took her for another drive later on and drove twice on my own today (short journeys) and once with my step-dad to get new tyres :)

Well done keep it up and tell us all about it.

:bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1:

Annie0904
19-10-12, 09:18
Well done :yahoo: