PDA

View Full Version : Thud in chest followed by a cough...no rapid heart....started teacher training!

geishagirl
15-10-12, 19:39
Hi Everyone

I have just started my teacher training but I am loving it and do not feel stressed at all. I work harder but not stressed out.

At the beginning of the year I kept getting palpitations lasting hours sometimes and a numb left arm. The arm has stopped and I had an ECG in the summer which was normal. I still get palpitations when anxious or if I drink tea or coffee.

However during the last week a new symptom has started. I may be sitting in uni or school and I get what feels like my heart stops (i know it hasnt) and then a thud like feeling in my chest and it sort of takes my breath very slightly away and then I cough (I cannot control the cough that comes on) and it goes back to normal but really freaks me out. I have about 4 or 5 a day.

Cannot get an appointment till next week and I am really scared.

I cannot function and every night I am in tears secretly in bed in case it is the last time I see my husband.

Ronno
15-10-12, 20:23
I started getting missed beats about five years ago , getting one missed beat in every three , I went to a & e gave me a ECG , blood test , a good examination and the missed beats showed up . A cardiologist told me , all was well , so what about the missed beats ? Oh, he said their harmless and very common, he also put me on a 24 hour monitor , again all fine. I still get the missed beats . But not so bad . Stress brings them on , you are not alone .
There are so many on this site alone who are the same , take a look at the threads and take comfort from them .

DylanR
15-10-12, 20:47
I think it's called Arythmia

lo89
15-10-12, 20:57
The arm numbness thing ... I get that! I am also doing teacher training and wonder if it could be due to writing on the board? Like raising your arm up?

missworry
15-10-12, 22:59
Hi, i have been getting these for sometime they came on very suddenly & i too didn`t feel stressed, like you it`s these that are now stressing me out.
I have been to the docs & had an ecg & they did show up, apparently they are very common most people have them everyday but don`t feel them they are harmless they are called eptopic or extra beats but i think worrying about them makes you aware of them so please try not to worry.
I know it`s easier said then done, but i have found mine have improved since going to the docs & getting reassurance, so maybe this is what you need to do to get checked over, if it`s any comfort your not alone, take care :bighug1: