PDA

View Full Version : Whats happening

Pinkbrenda2012
15-10-12, 20:51
Whats going on?
Ok so i was doing great with exposure exercises and feeling ok but still slightly edgy so i went back to the doctor and had my dosage on citalapram increased from 10mg to 20mg ive only been on the extra dose for 3 days and i dont know whether its me overthinking or actual symptoms but i feel sick, dizzy, headaches and sooooo tired. Is this a reaction and if so how long will it last! X

paranoidtree
16-10-12, 10:23
it is probably best to check with your doctor but i think a lot of people can feel side effects again each time they increase their dosage with citalopram, i know i did when i was taking it. i can't remember how long they lasted as it's a long time ago that i took it. Hopefully in a few days they will die down and you will start to feel better.

STEPHYUNO
16-10-12, 11:53
Hi there, firstly you are not alone in this and it is normal to feel this, (yeah I know it doesnt feel it)
When I have upped my dose in the past it has at least for first few days it has led to increased anxiety, dry mouth, sicky feeling and some depersonalisation, (which aint nice)

What we must remember is that Doctors generally don't know how these side effects manifest and how disturbing they can be.

I fortunately have a good Doctor and between us agreed to lower me bck to 10 mg, which was a better balance for me.

Like I said earlier those effects are expected, but speak to Doctor again, express concerns and find best balance for you as these drugs affect us all a little diferently and we have different types and levels of depression/anxiety.

Best wishes

Steph:)