PDA

View Full Version : hello

tomasso
15-10-12, 23:50
I am new on here, i have suffered anxiety and occasional depression for years now, can anybody help me, has anyone ever suffered stomach problems for anxiety, nausea, bloating, wind, etc. I am worried it is something else but wonder if stress can cause really bad stomach problems,

peace to y'all x

nomorepanic
16-10-12, 00:00
Hi tomasso

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Stormsky
16-10-12, 00:43
Hi, yes I've had bad digestive probs, anxiety causes a lot of scary symptons

BobbyDog
16-10-12, 08:00
Yes, I have acid reflux and if you look around the site you will find that many people with anxiety/depression also have IBS or other stomach related problems, it's quite common, so you are not alone.

Serenitie
16-10-12, 08:48
Hi and welcome:welcome:
I've suffered with IBS for 16 years. It is triggered by stress as the mind is very much connected to our digestive system. IBS can be well managed with relaxation, diet, exercise and medication. Peppermint tea and / or capsules can help with the nausea, bloating and gas as can a hot water bottle as the heat relaxes your tummy and minimises spasms. Visit your GP if this problem continues just to rule out a virus and get support with managing these symptoms. Wishing you well :)

tomasso
17-10-12, 01:06
thank you all very much for your replies, peace to y'all:)

fozzy is crying
17-10-12, 01:10
:welcome:
:bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1: