PDA

View Full Version : i know its a lot but please please read and help me

anon122
16-10-12, 00:12
i think i have had anxiety for a about 2 years now but i have only just recognised the symptoms as anxiety more than depression. its started to get worse.
i think to myself that i sound really silly because i havent even had a panic attack. - recently i feel like i am closer and closer to having one and i am ridiculously scared. im only 16 and a part of me feels like i am just attention seeking or something, i worry a lot that people will dismiss my feelings as hormonal or whatever. i cannot express to you enough how long i have just wanted to speak to someone about how i am feeling. i dont have any sort of sob story.. i havent been abused and ive had a normal childhood. recently after a stressful time for my mothers business - and in turn my household.. i started self harming (nothing serious) i have thoughts of suicide every hour of everyday. - im not ridiculously depressed because i smile and laugh and at times love being with my friends etc.

i think to myself a lot the reason for my anxiety is because i was brought up to think deeper into my thoughts and often find myself wishing i was a simple minded person. having said this i dont have to type of family i can speak to - not because they're horrible or whatever.. just because i know my mum/dad are also quite depressed people and my mum especially would dismiss my feelings as irrelevant/ over the top teenage stuff that ' i just need to get on with'

i know that i need help and that i need to see a doctor to get it - i dont particularly like the sound of medication but all i want is to talk to someone who will listen and take me seriously. the problem is that i cannot pluck up the courage to go to the doctors for the same reason i cant speak to my mum.
i have researched things like 'how to tell your doctor you have depression/anxiety' but im more concerned about actually making the appointment.. will they ask me what its for? what if they do? what would i say? id be embarrassed, ashamed .. what if i go to the doctor and he says im just over reacting? this will make me feel even more worthless than i already feel

all i know is its getting progressively worse.. feelings of fear, anger, i tense up and give my self headaches and make my self feel physically sick/faint and i know that this will eventually lead to a panick attack.. i would not like this to happen

how can i tell someone? (please dont tell me the usual cliche stuff)
im sorry for being so blunt, i also apologise for the poor grammer/punctuation.. please help me

Ferry1995
16-10-12, 00:19
I'm 17 and I've been suffering from a very bad spell of anxiety for 6 months and spells of anxiety previously since i was 8, if you have any questions about anything, feel free to message me, I know how hard it is, what you're going through and i'm happy to help :)

Stormsky
16-10-12, 00:34
.. i started self harming (nothing serious) i have thoughts of suicide every hour of everyday. - e

Hi.
Firstly ref the above quote you made...self harm and constant suicide thoughts are serious!
You need to talk to someone about this...
GP see more and more anxiety cases now, 1in 4 of their patients, so there's nothing you can tell them that is to be ashamed of....they don't tend to offer meds at your age..
My freinds daughter is 15 and self harms, cuts herself... She went to gp and is awaiting referral to young people's mental health team....
I'm sure your mum would want to help, if she knew how desperate you are ..
I really hope you can get this all sorted soon, but start with confiding in family or gp..

Anxious_gal
16-10-12, 05:09
If you have a smart phone you can get an app to track your periods.
I say this because it helped me learn that my anxiety gets much worse just before my period.
So yes hormones can indeed add to anxiety, as can being low in Iron and b12, as well as even being slightly dehydrated.

The awesome thing is, your brain is still growing, so therapy like CBT has a better chance for working :)

You have anxiety, it's not just all on your head!
The mind and brain and body are all connected.

Ok so tell your doctor you'd like therapy to help you with your anxiety.
If he doesn't help then he's a bad doctor and find a good one who is willing to help you.
Anyone who dismisses you is an idiot!

It's time to put your needs,wants, health and mental health first.