PDA

View Full Version : I am driving myself crazy

Frankie123
16-10-12, 09:40
Hello, Hopefully this time my introductory blog will register. I am a 69 year old divorced female who lives alone. Over the past few years I have suffered from really bad health anxiety and am constantly afraid that I am going to develop cancer or something as serious. Every symptom I get I google and always have the worse problem listed. I have even paid on line doctors to discuss symptoms. I have been on citalopram but am not on any drugs at the moment. I really wish I could find a way out of this situation as I want to enjoy life and the time I have left. Thank you for reading this.

Annie0904
16-10-12, 09:45
Hi Have you had any counselling? Maybe if your doctor could refer you for cognitive behaviour therapy it would be helpful :hugs:

nomorepanic
16-10-12, 09:55
Hi Frankie123

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

paranoidtree
16-10-12, 10:08
Hi and :hugs: to you. i agree with Annie, some counselling could really help as it will look at your thought patterns and help you to change them

Frankie123
16-10-12, 10:23
Thank you for your replies. One of the issues I have is that I live in a small village with only one GP practice and I work part time at the surgery so know my doctor very well as he does me. I have never really been able to tell him of my health anxiety problem, just the depression for which he gave me citalopram for three months. I don't know if you can get counselling privately without going through your GP but that might be the answer. Thank you for all your comments.

Annie0904
16-10-12, 11:11
I would talk to your doctor...I think because he knows you he will be very understanding and happy to refer you for further help and support. :)

blingkasa
16-10-12, 12:09
Agree with Annie, if you have a good relationship with your GP then you need to confide in him and he will be happy to help you. Keep going as well.