PDA

View Full Version : Really bad depersonaliation/derealisation

Arose
16-10-12, 10:58
I woke up still feeling in a dream and it's really unsettling. I feel vulnerable and scared i will do somethingbto hurt myself because i'm not 'conscious'.:weep:

Annie0904
16-10-12, 11:08
Sorry you are having a bad morning. I think you should try to distract yourself from the feeling of being in a dream by taking in your surroundings, using your senses, hear the noises around you. Make yourself some breakfast and a drink and do something to distract you...housework, crafts anything to bring you back to reality. :hugs:

Arose
16-10-12, 11:24
Thank you so much :) I'm going to do some cleaning:)

STEPHYUNO
16-10-12, 11:28
Firstly I and many others experience that, so you are not alone, athough I know you may well feel it, I experienced depersonalisation a few years ago when I was on a moderate to high dose of citalopram and it is very disturbing and unsettling.

I don't know what meds youre on and if they can be reduced, but for me it got better when I reduced dose, of course this should always be done in consultation with a good Doctor, (still a few out there).

We are all different and I hope you find what works for you and that these unpleasant feelings pass and I beleive they will.

Warmest wishes

Steph