PDA

View Full Version : Chest pains were the heart is scared!!!!

clank
16-10-12, 12:16
So for the past three days I have been having sharp chest pains In the left side f my chest and I get it when I inhale. Yesterday it was awful and I had it when I was just sitting there doing nothing which would put me in a panic state and then Id start to think something is wrong with my left arm and then I'd have a full blown panic attack that I'm going to have a heart attack but I thought about it and figured that that shouldn't be the case since im only 16 years old and it would of happened already. I'm really scared it can be dangerous someone please help me!

FayeM567
16-10-12, 12:40
I had the exact same symptoms this week and it probably is because of anxiety. It could also be due to something as simple as trapped wind or muscle cramp. I'm sure you're fine, but, if you want to see a Doctor you should. You can never be too careful with chest pains.

clank
16-10-12, 18:12
Yeah I guess it's a possibility that it can be my anxiety which is most likely the cause. I have also been expirencing short breathlessness and some back pain too. Still not sure what's the cause

STEPHYUNO
16-10-12, 19:08
Hey there, yeah deffo sounds like anxiety, I'm in my thirties now, but used to get that a lot and still do at times, but I know now that it is just anxiety, try take a few deep breaths, (in through the nose, while thinking the word calm, hold for few seconds, then out through the mouth while thinking the word relax) try it!

It is far more likely to be one of so many other minor things, sometimes it can literally be nothing at all, but the brain is powerful that it can convince you it is, then the more anxious you get, the more it convinces, so take the deep breaths, smle at the thoughts and let them drift by.

Best wishes, Steph :)

I'

clank
17-10-12, 00:38
Hey there, yeah deffo sounds like anxiety, I'm in my thirties now, but used to get that a lot and still do at times, but I know now that it is just anxiety, try take a few deep breaths, (in through the nose, while thinking the word calm, hold for few seconds, then out through the mouth while thinking the word relax) try it!

It is far more likely to be one of so many other minor things, sometimes it can literally be nothing at all, but the brain is powerful that it can convince you it is, then the more anxious you get, the more it convinces, so take the deep breaths, smle at the thoughts and let them drift by.

Best wishes, Steph :)

I'
Your right it most likely is anxiety, but I have shortness of breath, sometimes it feels like i'm not getting enough air, and sometimes it just doesn't feel like my heart feels normal. Not a pain or pressure there, just kind of doesn't feel right if that makes sense. Which is scaring me a lot!

---------- Post added at 23:38 ---------- Previous post was at 23:13 ----------

It also went away when i started playing in my soccer game, but after i got home the chest pain magically reappeared again.

STEPHYUNO
17-10-12, 01:18
Yeah that makes sense, I have had similar feelings and convinced myself there was a major problem too, of course it was fine. No harm in going to Doctor anyway just incase if may at least hopefully help reassure you.

Best wishes,
Steph

clank
17-10-12, 15:47
Yeah that makes sense, I have had similar feelings and convinced myself there was a major problem too, of course it was fine. No harm in going to Doctor anyway just incase if may at least hopefully help reassure you.

Best wishes,
Steph

Yes your right. But the doctors gives me so much anxiety and I really wish it didn't. Always sitting in the waiting room shaking and all tremmy with my heart beating faster than ever. I have a huge fear of fainting and you know how it is, they always want blood tests and I know people faint when taking blood since it happened to me once almost. I would go but I'm scared. Today is day 5 and I stole have minor chest pains. Not sure if I should wait it out another couple of days. What do you think?

Smellsofroses
17-10-12, 22:54
Sorry to hear your concern. I would check it out but I think if you breathe in and it hurts it's not cardio related. I suffer from huge anxiety and have chest pains often. I also have a heart murmer and when I mentioned these pains he did not seem overly concerned. If it continues see your GP and discuss your issues. If they think you need an EKG they can sen you for one - even to reassure you. I ended up having a stress EKG as well due to continuing pains. It's amazing though how anxiety can cause pain.