PDA

View Full Version : A recovered agoraphobic

leonardk
16-10-12, 13:19
Hi everyone,
It has been 10 years since I last had a panic attack. It's easy to see imagine the difference that it made to my life following 30 years of involvement in the condition. The next few words may be controversial so could I invite a monitor from the site to make sure I'm not contravening the conditions of use. Put simply I rejected all professional advice. No more medication, no more psychiatrists, psychologists, counsellors and the like. No more books on the subject including the noted ones of that era.

Put simply I shut myself away in the house with the resolve that I would never go out again. Paradoxically it was the intervention of a professional, a psychiatric social worker who in two sentences handed me the key to recovery. I have written a book on my experiences but for obvious reasons I am not about to reveal its title.

If you gain nothing from this message except perhaps some hope that you too can become well that's fine. If you are content with the treatment you are receiving then that's fine too.

Good wishes to everyone. Leonardk.

nomorepanic
16-10-12, 13:30
Hi leonardk

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

bernie1977
16-10-12, 14:54
Please PM me the name of your book

clio51
16-10-12, 15:09
pm the name of your book

bernie1977
16-10-12, 15:14
I think I've sussed it I think it's Leonard Kennard, it's on amazon

clio51
16-10-12, 16:37
yer ur right!

kt79
16-10-12, 17:01
whats the 2 sentances then?:huh:

Hope73
16-10-12, 20:14
:welcome:

fozzy is crying
16-10-12, 20:24
whats the 2 sentances then?:huh:

Perhaps.

Write a book. Sell it on here.

Anxious_gal
16-10-12, 20:51
I wonder how he got better? Or if there's any advice in the book?
I figure if he really wanted to help, he'd offer a few free books to the mods and then if it was any good the mods would recomend it, n everyone would profit.

fozzy is crying
16-10-12, 20:58
I wonder how he got better? Or if there's any advice in the book?
I figure if he really wanted to help, he'd offer a few free books to the mods and then if it was any good the mods would recomend it, n everyone would profit.

If I had a cure to help the millions suffering mental health torture I certainly would give it away for free. Such a cure would be worth the Nobel prize for Medicine. Still this might be a second attempt as it is his second book on the subject. I wonder why his psychiatric social worker did not hit on the idea of a book as well.