PDA

View Full Version : tiredness after a bad day

jackie
08-08-06, 20:12
i had to take my son to the hospital today for blood tests.

i am worried sick about him because he is loosing weight so they are checking him for everything. but once i knew that he was to have blood taken i fell to pieces and since then have felt so sick and nervy and weak

is anyone else the same after a bad day, totally drained and worth nothing and chest and symptoms bad

how can my body take all this and live

so drained

sorry

jackie

carlin
08-08-06, 21:33
Hi darling, firstly don't be sorry secondly, anyone would feel drained after a day you have had....You have been strong for your son when it mattered. Now i can't comment on anything medical but, whatever the problem is they will deal with it and so will you (and your son, of course) these kids cope with anything don't they??? You will survive, you will not die, you will feel awful, as would any single one of us, no help, i know, but what you feel is natural. You, and your son, will be fine.xxxjean

juju
08-08-06, 22:12
hi hun
im sure your son will be fine try not to imagine the worst scenario
it will be something easily treatable or nothing at all-you are bound to be highly anxious tonight
totally understandable-i would be the same if it was mine ,your body can take it ,dont worry.
let us know how you get on
take care now
juju

we are all stronger people after having this

jackie
09-08-06, 09:26
will let you know how it goes

thanks for getting back as today i feel so sick and the aftermath of feeling so anxious is catching up on me. i feel so ill today

thanks and i promise to keep you updated

jackie

Silly Blonde
09-08-06, 09:41
Hope all goes well Jackie. You will both be fine. Us humans have an incredible way of dealing with things when it is absolutely necessary. I'm sure all will be ok - but as my GP told me - health anxiety includes worries about other people.

If its any consolation - your posts help me enormously.

I stopped my meds (after dropping down - but perhaps not slowly enough!!) on Fri night, and have felt sick sick sick ever since.

Thanks to your posts I know (perhaps still not accepted though!) than anxiety can cause nausea etc, and so I am trying to tell myself that its the meds plus the anxiety of coming off them.

So thanks again and let us know how you get on.

SB xx

jackie
09-08-06, 14:19
your welcome SB although i cant get on much because of my kids but i do thry because this site is a lifeline to so many including myself

thanks again, will keep you posted

jackie

ps just started herbla stff and vitamins to help me get stronger, ever tried them

jackie

jackie
09-08-06, 14:26
just feel like i have a bad flu now horrible

jackie

is this normal

Ma Larkin
09-08-06, 14:45
I think its natural for any mum to feel that way Jackie. Take a look at this lot, which has happened to my kids in only 3 months:

1) Kian broke his leg (hit & run)
2) Courtney fell through a garage roof (32 wounds!)
3) Both get chicken pox
4) Whilst contageous both try to get out of the garden. Kian falls out of a tree gaining some really deep scratches all the way down his stomach and Courtney falls off a wall & breaks her toe
5) Stacey's boyfriend's mum gets killed by drink driver
6) 2 weeks later Stacey's boyfriend's dad dies (he was my best mate)
7) Courtney drops red hot Pot Noodle all down her leg resulting in big scald

I just don't know what's going to happen next! I feel sick, shaky, just want to go to sleep. I too wonder how my body can take all this. All this strain is scaring me & my symptoms are all over the show. A week on a health farm all by myself would be heaven!!

Les, xx

jackie
09-08-06, 18:36
ill join you les and boy do i mean that

thanks

jackie

hunny
09-08-06, 21:39
Hi Jackie

No wonder you feel drained!!

Ive been feeling the same recently
I hope all is well with your son,im sure he will be fine in no time,we all worry so much about our children dont we

How are you feeling now?
Love to you
Hunny x

kym
09-08-06, 22:51
hi Jackie, just read your post about taking your son to hospital for tests, firstly i hope all goes well for him, secondly please dont worry about your body not being able to stand up to all this anxiety, over the years my body has been through so much especially my heart, but a doctor once told me that when your heart is beating like mad in your chest, thumping, missing beats & all the other weird things it dose that if youve been told its anxiety related, then let it bang away because your hearts a muscle its simply getting a workout and becoming healthier, your heart would beat that fast if you were running for a bus, its just that you might be sitting in a chair when it happens, its the same thing, an exercised heart but without the running, this has helped me no end over the years. and whenever it happens i just say to myself ' i might not like this, but im exercising my heart & that can only be good, try it next time your heart goes crazy, you will soon find it settles down when you loose the fear it stops bothering you, i promise i talk from experience, i had this erratic heartbeat for 9 years & had every test known to man, twice, but it was the power of knowledge that stopped it frightening me. know i have other things [lol] hope this help you in some small way, take care kym x

jackie
10-08-06, 12:05
thanks kym and hunny

i really appreciate the replies and hope one day to just feel normal and be able to worry about my kids without selfishly worrying about my illness and reactions to worry

thanks again

jackie

ceecee
10-08-06, 17:24
hi jackie i,m really not surprised you,ve been feeling this way due to all the stress you have been under!!!you,re little boy will be fine i,m sure .i know its easier said than done but try not to worry too much and try to relax a little (with kids i know its hard!!!)
take care

rachelx