PDA

View Full Version : Day 4

blonde_uk
16-10-12, 19:37
Day 4 of sertreline 50mg 2 good nite sleeps stil very anxious and panicky at the moment my head feels really tight like a rope is pullin on me and stil hearin that voice that i wnt get beta and be down not happy i know its early days but the thoughts of panic and avin a nervous breakdown r there x

mlondon
16-10-12, 23:42
Hello

Well done for reaching day 4, I haven't tried the med you meantioned though I am sure other people on this site have and can tell you more about it. But will all these meds they can take a while to settle and can sometimes make you more anxious at the beginning but they do settle and do work. I have found in the past it has taken about 4 weeks for the meds to totally start working for me but again everyone is different and also each type of medication is different. You will feel better though. I suffer from terribly anxiety but I have managed to get better and feel normal again many times. It does come and go but you will learn ways to cope with it. I totally recommend seeing a CBT therapist if you can. Its good you are on this site because others can support you. It sounds like you are doing all the right things. One thing that helped me is to speak lovingly to myself like you would to a best friend. Also if you have an iphone they have some apps for anxiety you can listen too. Big hug

blonde_uk
17-10-12, 16:11
how do i get about going to c a CBT

Laura123
17-10-12, 16:15
Ask your gp for a referral usually have to wait a while but it's worth it. How you doing on sert? X