PDA

View Full Version : Black spots and visual disturbances!

Ziggy455
16-10-12, 22:48
Hello all. I used to suffer from migraine with aura. But they stopped for a long time then briefly returned and have now stopped. However I seem to suffer from constant visual disturbances such as:

Grainy vision
Afterimages
Afterburns
Starbursts
Floaters
Entropic phenomenon

I went to my optometrist and he told me my eyes are fine. I was told I have mild myopia and that was it. But now I seem to be seeing a brief black spot in my vision. It briefly appears for 10 seconds throughout the day and looks like a tiny black dot with a shimmering silver edge. I'm worried about this. I have also been diagnosed with PTSD and GAD.

fozzy is crying
16-10-12, 22:58
Hello all. I used to suffer from migraine with aura. But they stopped for a long time then briefly returned and have now stopped. However I seem to suffer from constant visual disturbances such as:

Grainy vision
Afterimages
Afterburns
Starbursts
Floaters
Entropic phenomenon

I went to my optometrist and he told me my eyes are fine. I was told I have mild myopia and that was it. But now I seem to be seeing a brief black spot in my vision. It briefly appears for 10 seconds throughout the day and looks like a tiny black dot with a shimmering silver edge. I'm worried about this. I have also been diagnosed with PTSD and GAD.

Could be your migraine again. Check with your Doctor as your eyes have been ruled OK.

Ziggy455
16-10-12, 23:05
Could be your migraine again. Check with your Doctor as your eyes have been ruled OK.

I went to my GP and he told me it was anxiety. I can't believe him because he is absolutely useless. He barely makes eye contact with his patients. I've asked for a referral to somebody who knows more on the subject of neurology and such but he refused.

fozzy is crying
16-10-12, 23:11
I went to my GP and he told me it was anxiety. I can't believe him because he is absolutely useless. He barely makes eye contact with his patients. I've asked for a referral to somebody who knows more on the subject of neurology and such but he refused.

But migraines can be triggered by anxiety. Ask him for a migraine preventative and see if that helps. If he is as good as a chocolate teapot ask to see another Doctor next time.

Ziggy455
16-10-12, 23:16
I haven't had a migraine in almost a year. Before that, three years almost! Is it normal to have such persistent visual disturbances? Doctors have ruled out MS and Tumors, bloodwork came back perfect, ECT showed no irregularities. Word around this place is that you're somewhat of a veteran migraine sufferer? What do you think? I'm in the process if switching doctors.

fozzy is crying
16-10-12, 23:31
I haven't had a migraine in almost a year. Before that, three years almost! Is it normal to have such persistent visual disturbances? Doctors have ruled out MS and Tumors, bloodwork came back perfect, ECT showed no irregularities. Word around this place is that you're somewhat of a veteran migraine sufferer? What do you think? I'm in the process if switching doctors.

OK there is one thing health wise I do no about and that is migraine, I have had it from birth so next month will be 64 years. I have had to learn all there is about it and I was lucky enough at the age 16 to see the World's top neurosurgeon on migraine by chance. From what you have said so far I would guess your migraines have always been at a time of high stress and are only triggered by stress. First try and see what triggers the attacks. Keep a diary of what you are doing and also the types of food and drink you are taking. There WILL be a pattern.

PM or email me any time on anything migraine related in particular. Anyone else can do the same.

Gordon

---------- Post added at 23:31 ---------- Previous post was at 23:30 ----------

sorry forgot to say Visual migraines without the headaches are invariabley due to stress not diet etc.