PDA

View Full Version : why are they allowed to scare people like this

mrs way to worried
17-10-12, 10:03
please tell me im not the only person who switches the tv off when adverts come on due to the amount of cancer adverts for instance people describing symptoms of bowl cancer to a doctor or the advert that says if you have a cough u may have lung cancer or my new favorite the advert that lists a load of statistics then says odds of developing cancer 1 in 3 do they not stop and think how scary this is to people i have even stopped reading the paper or a magazine as there are always mcmillian adverts in it , it seems to be everywhere why and to what positive impact can it have promoting cancer in this way

Meewah
17-10-12, 10:26
Totally agree. I had my 14 year old son quoting statistics that you have a 1 in 10 chance of tripping if reading while walking but a 1 in 3 chance of developing cancer. My son will be so scared of health issues I am worried he will not live life to the full. What good is this going to do except swamp the already stretched NHS.

I hate it also, Thats all I think about at the moment and with three children and a wife I seem to have it multiplied by four.

I then watched a programme called 999:emergency calls or something and the emergency responders were saying that 70% of the calls they receive are dealing with mental illness, No wonder!!

Mee

DylanR
17-10-12, 10:46
They also forget to say that 64% of Cancers happen in the Over 65's. They have young people thinking that 1 person out of three friends will be getting cancer anytime soon! It's ridiculous.

nomorepanic
17-10-12, 12:56
We have this debate here:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=122673