PDA

View Full Version : Common cold

Em.ma
17-10-12, 15:04
Hiya two days ago had sore throat yestersay runny today no runny nose. But coughing all the time instead worried about chest why wud a runny nose stop n a cough start the next day!!

venusbluejeans
17-10-12, 15:18
you have a cold Em.ma and as you say in your thread title it is common so you really do not have to worry about it.. we ALL get them

mollymalloy
17-10-12, 15:18
I think it is quite normal, my kids have just had the cold, they first complained about a sore throat, then they got the runny nose and then chesty cough. They never had a temperature though and the cough stayed with them about 2 weeks after.

Hope you feel better soon.

MissHDynamite
17-10-12, 15:38
Hello Em.. Don't worry about it, I have a cold now and most people I know either have it or have had it.

Mine started with a sore throat, then went to runny nose and now it's a cough. Just keep drinking fluids and especially one's with hot water, honey and lemon if you can. If you feel you have a temperature, take a couple of paracetamol if your ok to take them and you should be feeling better very soon :) x

---------- Post added at 15:38 ---------- Previous post was at 15:36 ----------

Sorry em.. forgot to point out.. if your taking something like Beechams regularly it will have paracetamol already in it so don't take any extra :doh:x

Em.ma
18-10-12, 17:57
Thanks guys when coughing is it Normal to feel snot / flem in back of throat ??? People at work are off for chest infections one person went to a and e strugging to breathe

---------- Post added at 17:57 ---------- Previous post was at 17:36 ----------

Can also feel a tiny bit when not coughing

lo89
18-10-12, 17:59
I am worrying about the exact same thing, but yes it is totally normal and nothing to worry about!
My throat is full of phleghm, 2 weeks after having a bad cold, my muscles between my ribs ache at one side and my throat feels full, as though I can't breathe or swallow properly, I also can feel my neck if that makes sense? Like I feel as though things are touching it, even though they aren't! And I have had a few headaches over the last two days. Apart from that I feel fine.
I was worrying about this like mad until my mum and dad both caught the cold and listed the exact same symptoms, without me telling them mines first.
Colds have different symptoms in different people, my lymph nodes are huge just now which is causing me stress, but so are my boyfriends even though he only had a slight sniffle of a cold!
You do not need to worry unless your symptoms last over three weeks. Look on NHS choices for the common cold and you will see a lot of these symptoms
Hope you feel better soon

Em.ma
18-10-12, 20:31
thank you feeling breathless to now
also throat has a tickle when breathing in lol
is that normal
hope u feel well soon

lo89
18-10-12, 21:23
Yes it is normal, your throat is just dried out from the coughing and the air is irritating it. Don't worry you just have the cold

Em.ma
18-10-12, 21:25
thanks hun
keep telling myself im 18 n healthy x

lo89
18-10-12, 21:37
How long have you suffered health anxiety? I have suffered since I was a child (literally from when I was about 8!) and I am now 23, recently I feel like it is taking over my life, but then the irrational me thinks the reason I am so worried about being ill is because I am actually ill and it is a sign! Crazy!

Em.ma
22-10-12, 19:12
3 years nearly now x all I have now is lots of snot left in back of throat worried it'll stop me breathing n a slight cough every now n then not bad though Barely coughed today

eva82
23-10-12, 00:20
Hey Emma,

I've had a bad cold for 3 days now and today I am suffering with the EXACT same symptom! That clogged feeling in throat that keeps making me think that I can't breathe or swallow fully. It is a horrible sensation but from what I understand, it's also a very common cold symptom. Our HA just makes all these sensations feel so much worse and our minds tend to always focus on the negative. As time passes, our cold symptoms will start to fade, so for now let's concentrate on getting better! Lots of rest, clear fluids, and maybe a funny movie for distraction.. Feel better! Xx