PDA

View Full Version : derealsation and depersonalsaton!!

hannah26
17-10-12, 15:06
Hello,

Have been having a lot of feeling unreal and everything around me is not real! I feel like my brain. is not connected to my body and I'm freaking out!! This is horrible I feel sick and terrified!! What can I do to get rid of it!! I'm so scared that I'm going crazy and that I'm going to end up disconnected with life and end up in a mental hospital!!
I don't like this! My hands and arms are going numb!!
Is this just a case of heightened anxiety or something more? I keep thinkng I have a serious mental illness and will be sectioned or I'll stay like this forever!!
Thngs just keep getting worse and worse and I can't stop it!!

Any advice for overcomng this? I'm really tired today could that be a factor?
Thanks guys, your great!!
Hannah x x

MissHDynamite
17-10-12, 15:20
Hello Hannah... Try not to worry, it is just the stress!. I am feeling it as we speak as I have just done some exposure therapy and although I felt fine going out.. got in a little panic and wham! body's here, head's not!..

It is a very scary feeling.. you get confused, can't think straight, forget what your doing and can't take in conversations or the tv etc.. but it will pass as soon as you relax a little. You are not "losing it" but I know exactly where your coming from.

I have diazepam for these times.. just to take the edge off.. have you got anything like that to use? xx

meche
17-10-12, 15:30
I really feel for you Hannah - at the height of my anxiety this was the most horrible symptom for me. OK - they were all horrible but this is the one I found most disturbing. I didn't feel like I was part of the real world, my head was fuzzy, I felt dizzy (all the time), couldn't think straight and found it hard to communicate.
It is all part of anxiety and the more you worry about it the worse it will seem - it's a vicious circle. It will get better but it won't happen overnight - for me it was gradual.
Just go with it and let it happen but if you can find something to keep yourself occupied (simple things like reading or watching TV) even for a few hours it will take the edge off. Sending big hugs. xx

serendipity_x
17-10-12, 15:40
I know how you feel, I've been diagnosed with psychosis and am seeing a mental health team once a week which is a relief. Can't say much other than you're not alone and hang on in there cos theres a light at the end of the tunnel.

hannah26
17-10-12, 17:41
Hi everyone thank you for your replies.
Its just such a weird feeling, but I have calmed down a little now! I feel like in the morning I'm ok I wake up feeling calmer than ii have done in a while but as the day goes on I get more anxious and that's when the unreal feelings come through!!
The brain is an amazing thing but also scary that it can make you feel like this, although I know its me that's makng me feel like this!!

I need to get through this! I want to move out and have a family and a normal life but I can't see a way through at the moment, well I can sometimes I have periods of calm lke I sad but then it turns rubbish again!!

Never mind,
Thank you again your all wonderful people!!
Hannah x x