PDA

View Full Version : nurse found blood in urine

almamatters
17-10-12, 16:08
After visiting nurse at surgery yesterday and giving a urine sample, she put a dip stick in and said that it contained traces of blood. She then asked me loads of questions and asked me to bring another sample in to send off for analysis. I have my ultra sound booked for sunday and this has not helped my anxiety levels at all, now convinced something is amiss as I have thought all along. I know blood can be sign of an infection and she did give me antibiotics but she spent ages feeling my stomach and it freaked me out. I just cant stay calm and am making myself feel worse with all this anxiety. :weep:

nomorepanic
17-10-12, 16:44
This is very very common and loads of us on here have this and nothing was found in the end.

I am not sure she should prescribe antiboitics just because of this though - unless you have other symptoms/problems?

almamatters
17-10-12, 16:49
she said I could have an infection as I keep having to go for a wee. But she mentioned a couple of things she wanted to check for, can't remember what they were though. Did not realise it was that common to be honest. thanks

Elle-Kay
17-10-12, 16:53
My Dr has found blood in my urine a few times. It's the sign of a water infection/Cystitis in most cases. If you make a point of drinking plenty (and I mean plenty - at least 4 pints a day) of water it will help to flush any infection you might have through your system in a few days. The most common reason these types of infection continue is because of the bladder not emptying fully when you use the toilet. You can help this by drinking plenty of water as I've already said, and also by leaning back against the cistern while you're using the loo (I'm assuming here that you're a lady!). This helps because your bladder tilts back slightly so tilting yourself in the same direction helps it to empty more fully.

anxietyoverload
17-10-12, 16:56
I suffer regular with Cystitis, and when i do a urine sample it always has blood in. sometimes when i actually go to the toilet my wee is red. Does it burn or anything when you go? x

almamatters
17-10-12, 17:01
Thanks for your replies, yes I am a lady and it does not burn when I have a wee, but have got lower stomach pain. I try and drink loads of fluids as always have dry mouth anyway! :hugs:

nomorepanic
17-10-12, 17:26
Try these:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/search.php?searchid=4599429

lo89
17-10-12, 18:03
Drinking cranberry juice every day keeps cystitis at bay, I get really bad infections sometimes but since starting the cranberry they have decreased in number and severity - I always get blood in my urine when I get one.
Also going for a pee after... Excuse the tmi ... After having sex ... Removes any toxins from the area that cab get pushed into tour urethra