PDA

View Full Version : night sweats and citalopram?

xshellyx
17-10-12, 19:26
well ive been on citalopram around 3 months now and im very happy with them my mood has lifted and im back at work the only thing is i get terrible night sweats? it wakes me up and i am soaked and freezing to the point i need to change my pjs and sometimes my bed sheet? i no this can be a side effect of citalopram but is it dangerous? im on 2Omg btw

little scientist
17-10-12, 19:30
It's not dangerous, but just unpleasant! I had it in another ssri, and possibly on citalopram too but don't get them so much these days.

Something you may want to do if you are sweating a lot, is consider a mattress protector (waterproof one maybe) so that it doesn't go through to the mattress itself :)

I know it's unpleasant as a side effect, but is the citalopram working for you otherwise?

xshellyx
17-10-12, 19:47
yes it is working otherwise thanks i have stopped flying off the handle, laughing more, smiling more and holding down a full time job which i couldnt do before !!

kt79
17-10-12, 20:00
Im about 2 months into citalopram and I have been getting night sweats, did not know this was a side effect so thanks for this post :)

little scientist
17-10-12, 20:14
yes it is working otherwise thanks i have stopped flying off the handle, laughing more, smiling more and holding down a full time job which i couldnt do before !!

Thats good to hear :) I am back in on my second stint in citalopram and havi a few more issues this time, but determined to sort out my issues with cbt :)

Rocker
18-10-12, 17:15
I have been on these for 9 months now and the night sweats started when I hit 30mg so I have had to cut down now as I could not handle it any more I am now taking 10mg.

Roker