PDA

View Full Version : Day 16

Laura123
17-10-12, 20:09
So far my 50mg sertraline and 20mg three times daily has been working, I feel much more in control of my anxiety, at least up till yesterday, felt really on edge, mind was racing, scary thoughts creeping back in, still feel a bit like that today and my brain feels foggy, and have had a constant headache. Anyone else on sert had wee setbacks, is this just path of the course? Also noticed my vision is quite blurry? X

---------- Post added at 20:09 ---------- Previous post was at 20:08 ----------

20 mg propranolol forgot to mention the name of the other drug lol, brain fog, see! Lol

MissHDynamite
17-10-12, 20:15
Hi Laura.. you are further on than me with your 50's. I am only on day 8 but from what I can gather it does take a few weeks to settle. So I am sure having a dip now and again will be par for the course.

I think a few of us had an off day yesterday but you have done really well so far, so keep that in mind.. tomorrow is another day and I am sure it will be a good one :) x

Laura123
17-10-12, 20:24
Thanks hunni, I hope so, it's funny how such a short spell of feeling good can make you feel so sensitive to feeling bad, the headaches are pretty annoying, keep getting like little head zaps, like I am titally fine and it's like a bolt of fright goes through me for no reason? Anyway, you are right, tomorrow is another day. How are you feeling on day 8, are you getting somewhere? Xx

TJSMITH
17-10-12, 20:36
Hi hun if you having good days or hours then that's a good sign as really early days. I have been on it over four months and only last few weeks having more normal data ie less thoughts. Blips are all part of it Infact I just had a ten day one where thought going backwards then I come out of it even more positive.

You doing well xx

Laura123
17-10-12, 20:40
Aw thank you so much, that is great, really great to hear. What is your dose? X

suzeelew
17-10-12, 20:45
im on 100 mg sertraline and 25 mg of quetiapine plus take diazapam when needed......have good and bad days..chronically tired and head ache... feel jittery today....ive done a lot of research and now am certain i crashed into the perimenopause.. after reading up if u google peri menopause and anxiety and read comments on forums it is like i have writtn them myself!!
may be worth a look if u r in ur late 30s plus x

Laura123
17-10-12, 20:50
Yes I am 36 and have thought for a while this could be part of it. Who would be a woman huh? Lol x

MissHDynamite
17-10-12, 21:13
It's a tough old road.... and I do find that even only on day 8 my mind is more positive, especially with the household chores. I have quite enjoyed doing them for the last couple of days which is something I haven't felt for a long time. However, still no better at going out and being on my own so far.. both still send me into a panic x

TJSMITH
17-10-12, 21:18
I'm on 100mg and 38 also think its peri menopause related as my mum went through it early.
I still struggle on my own although have odd days where I can read a book on my own quietly again but that's took eight months lol....
I was normal until January when I had labyrinthitus lol xx

Laura123
17-10-12, 21:30
I had labrynthitus in June and am still dizzy, that's what sparked my anxiety and panic off again but this time I have become agrophobic, scared to be alone, drive, everything really! Just got my referral through for ent to see if the dizziness is my ears, personally I think it may have started as my ears but is now anxiety x

---------- Post added at 21:30 ---------- Previous post was at 21:29 ----------

Miss d I wish I was happier doing household chores, it's bare minimal at the min lol, my ironing is growing legs! X

MissHDynamite
17-10-12, 21:36
:doh: at the ironing.. now that is something I keep to a minimum!.. get em aired off in the drier, fold while warm.. hey presto! :D x

Laura123
17-10-12, 21:38
Ocht do I have to?

TJSMITH
17-10-12, 21:44
Laura it def started me off in this path as normal before although not helped that my son was due to have an op three weeks after in America which I think finished me off.

I had heart palpitations two weeks after labs and dizzy for months with blurred vision and detached bug stress can cause labs.

It's been ten months and I think I'm almost back to me finally. If you google labs it's very commen to have anxiety after x

MissHDynamite
17-10-12, 21:53
Yeah!.. makes life easier for now and every little helps :D xx