PDA

View Full Version : Challenge tomorrow

Elle-Kay
17-10-12, 22:28
I've set myself a challenge for tomorrow - I'm going to go into the city.

My last two visits to the city centre (I live in a town about 4 miles out) have resulted in me feeling very uncomfortably anxious, and consequently I've avoided going there since the Summer, so this will be a big challenge for me.

I'm not necessarily going for anything specific (except maybe a couple of snuggly jumpers for the Winter), but I'm going to pay for parking for an hour and aim to stay there for that long, rather than dashing in, saying "there, I've done it!" and rushing back home again.

Wish me luck? :blush:

fozzy is crying
17-10-12, 22:36
Yer :yesyes::yesyes:

Go for it and good luck, I am sure you will not need it. Most of all enjoy it.

:bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1:

Gordon

MRS STRESS ED
17-10-12, 22:42
hope you have a good day and good luck :yesyes:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

loopylu86
17-10-12, 22:45
If anyone can do it Elle-Kay then it's you! When you wake...Don't give anything a second thought! Just go for it! You may even enjoy it! :-) have fun!! Xc

kittikat
17-10-12, 22:48
Aww, Good luck, you will be fine :winks:

The key is to actually go and stay as you have planned to do....even if you do feel anxious, your anxiety will naturally drop over this period of time anyway. This is far better for your recovery than going, getting anxious and ruushing back home again.

I'm sure you will have a great time and treat yourself in the process :bighug1:
Best of luck, Kitti :flowers:

Zingything
17-10-12, 22:55
Go for it Elle, the anticipation of doing something is usually far worse than actually doing it. Let us all know how you get on. Good luck (not that you'll need it :)). xx

Elle-Kay
17-10-12, 23:08
Thanks guys :) I've just also remembered that I have several gift cards in my purse from last Christmas (which proves I don't go to the city often!) - Next, Waterstones, WH Smiths & Boots! Looks like a "free" spending spree might be on the cards! lol

MissHDynamite
17-10-12, 23:43
Good Luck Elle :) .. Enjoy treating yourself xx

AuntieMoosie
18-10-12, 03:06
Go for it Elle:yesyes: you can do it:yesyes:

Have lots of fun spending your cards:D

Come back and tell us all about it hun, I will be thinking of you.

:bighug1::bighug1:

sarahkay
18-10-12, 03:17
good luck with your trip tomorrow

and hope you really enjoy it

sarah

Elle-Kay
18-10-12, 15:32
I'm back, and I'm pleased to say I did it! :D

I was anxious beforehand, and for a while when I first got there, but once I looked at my watch and saw I had already been there for 35 minutes without realising I started to feel much better, and ended up wishing I'd bought 2 hours parking, not 1!

I bought two jumpers and two long-sleeved t-shirts for the Winter, had a good old browse in Waterstones (though I didn't buy anything, even though I had a voucher, because I've still got over half a dozen novels & biographies un-read at home from when I was studying!), and popped into Boots to ask for recommendations for a really good body moisturiser as I suffer terribly with dry skin on my legs (a moisturiser which I ended up paying £18 for, so I sincerely hope it is as good as the assistant said!)

I feel much better about going there again though, and might go back next week for another go :)

Laura123
18-10-12, 15:38
:hugs: your amazing, you did it, well done! Now, wanna go shopping for me? Lol xxb

Elle-Kay
18-10-12, 15:41
Be warned Laura - I spend exorbitant amounts of money on moisturisers!!! lol Good job my husband has done overtime this month ;)

Laura123
18-10-12, 15:42
Ha ha ha, my kind of girl! Lets get our people to sort out lunch dhaling lol x

Edward_1980
18-10-12, 15:42
Well done Elle-Kay. You achieved something very big. You did it and I admire you for it. The city can be hectic and you did so well. Congrats again :)

fozzy is crying
18-10-12, 17:07
:yesyes::yesyes::yesyes::yesyes:

Zingything
18-10-12, 17:09
Well done Elle, what an achievement, and you treated yourself for going too which is always a good thing. xxxx

paranoidtree
18-10-12, 21:40
ooooh! How exciting! Free shopping is always fun! Glad it went well for you! And £18 isn't too much on a moisturiser, i normally spend in the region of £30 for my facial moisturiser!

kittikat
18-10-12, 22:33
Well done :yesyes: you should be really proud of yourself. Glad you treated yourself too!! Kitti xx

AuntieMoosie
20-10-12, 02:22
Wow! Well done Elle:yesyes:

You did and are doing great:yesyes:

I'm glad you enjoyed it too and managed to treat yourself, that make it all soooo worth it:D

Be proud hun, be very proud as we are all proud of you:D