PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

kevd72
17-10-12, 23:40
At last I have found somewhere to talk and listen to other people who suffer from from severe panic attacks and depression. I think it,s amazing that someone has taken the time and effort to start something like this up so to the people who helped a big THANK YOU. I am a 40 year old male who lives in Kent about 20 meters away from the sea in a very large flat. But for the last 2 and half years I have been out 2 or 3 times and its such a peaceful beautiful area it makes me feel so guilty. I have a borderline personality disorder and due to my bad nerves and the way I self medicated I now have a serious heart condition. I guess some of you may have also drunk alcohol over your lifetime at some point to ease panic attacks , well I went into it in a big way . I owned a landscaping company which was great working outdoors not in crowds etc. But employing people gave me the excuse to drink all day long and being successful I was working 7 days a week every week until I staggered to one breakdown to the next. I was drinking 8 cans of super strength lager a day on top of 60mg of diazepam and 45mg of Mirtazapine. As you can imagine I slipped into to being a alcoholic , these were the things that damaged my heart. I had the stupid notion of because I was used to these amounts I could get away with it , I honestly thought customers didn,t even know I had been drinking. Not once did anyone say anything to me and I had contracts for the landscaping of 3 local police stations and a district judges estate . When I look back on it now I cringe , and feel ashamed so ashamed. Anyway to cut a long story as short as I can make it I ran away , yes a 36 year old man. I left everything my long suffering partner , my car ,van , home everything. I lived in hotels was drinking a litre bottle of vodka neat just to go out to get more and blew everything I had on misery. Needless to say I had a heart attack and as soon as they discharged by I was taken straight to a mental health ward where I spent 4/5 months with some of the most disturbed people I have every met in my life outside of television it was a daily constant nightmare. However I am now on the road to a much better future I have not had a drink for nearly 3 years. But I guess as many of you know its a very lonely uphill day to day struggle. I am still on 40mg of diazipam and 45mg of mirtazapine and morphine for pain and of course 2 different heart tablets and Lyrica. Im sorry this posting has been so long but I,ve waited nearly 5 years to tell this to someone and for the spelling mistakes but I,ve poured this all out in under 10 minutes and now somehow I feel better for it . If you got this far thanks for taking the time to read it.

fozzy is crying
17-10-12, 23:41
:welcome:
:bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1:

nomorepanic
17-10-12, 23:50
Hi kevd72

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

MissHDynamite
18-10-12, 00:13
Welcome Kev.. :)

You will find plenty of help and support on here :bighug1:

kittikat
18-10-12, 00:34
Hi & welcome to NMP.

Wow, that is some life story. Good to hear you are slowly getting your life back together. I hope you get all the comfort & support you need from being part of this great community.

I wish you every success for the future. Kitti :)

paulst
18-10-12, 14:42
Welcome Kev, if you want support you have come to the right place:)

Hope73
18-10-12, 15:23
:welcome:

Good to hear your getting there I to have on occasion drunk to supress the anxiety but the anxiety the next day would be like a million times worse due to the drink :shades: so I limit my intake as a rule nowadays...

Laura123
18-10-12, 15:41
Just wanted to say hi and welcome and congratulations on 3 years, that's fantastic, may it long continue. Thanks for being so brave and sharing your story with us xx

almamatters
18-10-12, 20:22
:welcome: This is a great site and you will get loads of support x