PDA

View Full Version : Co worker really aggravated me today

panickyme
18-10-12, 01:45
Hi everyone, sorry to bore you. Just wondering if anyone has any advice :winks:to make a long story short I am a teacher, with major health anxiety, and general anxiety. It is hard for me to get ready in the morning, and get myself to work, but I seem to manage, and usually once I am at work I am alright. I have an assistant teacher who just started in September. She is one of those miss no it all, and is constantly comparing her old job to this one, constantly making comments, and bashing things. She really pissed me off today. Being an anxious person as it is, I do not like conflict. I am really friendly, caring, and let a lot go by. (my husband says, do not let people walk on you) which I do all the time. I say yes to stuff I really do not want to do, and so on, and so on. Anyway I did respond to her comment very little. (but clearly not enough) The children were in the room. I am so worked up over this, I feel like I can't breathe, and that I just want to smack her. I feel like I did not say enough, and that I will not get passed this until I set her straight! I feel like if I don't then I will have to deal with her sh.....t everyday. It's making me so anxious just thinking of it help! :wacko:

Annie0904
18-10-12, 09:22
You say she is an assistant teacher...so you are the teacher in that classroom and you need to let her know that. I am a Learning Support Assistant which is similar to an assistant teacher and I would never undermine the teachers I work with. I am there to support them not the other way round. If she continues to do it and you don't feel you can say anything yourself then maybe the head teacher could remind her of her role. :hugs:

Mountainclimber
18-10-12, 11:02
Dont let this person upset you, forget them and get on with you life, every time you see this person, imagine them in silly clowns outfit. wishing you all the best from your friend in Ireland, or as we say across the pond.

Annie0904
18-10-12, 11:33
Dont let this person upset you, forget them and get on with you life, every time you see this person, imagine them in silly clowns outfit. wishing you all the best from your friend in Ireland, or as we say across the pond.

I like that idea...my boss really pressures me a lot in fact sometimes I would call it bullying....in future I will think of her in a clowns outfit..it will just suit her!!

panickyme
20-10-12, 00:18
Oh my friend thats awesome. :D and funny. I will do just that. I have had some time to cool down, but when I think of it I get so mad, and replay it over, and over again like us anxious people do. Monday I am going to put her in her place. So thats making me a little anxious this weekend, but I need to set her straight, or she is just going to keep doing it. Thank you so much. Deb

Corona89
20-10-12, 01:05
Make sure you do it professionally and don't resort to being nasty or out of order. I've lost the plot 3 or 4 times at work with similar people and nearly lost my job.

panickyme
20-10-12, 01:09
I thought of that also, how I am going to handle this, do to the fact that I am stuck with her all day long. Thank you so much for the great:D advice! Ugh this is driving me nuts, and I have to wait all weekend thinking about it!:mad: