PDA

View Full Version : 4 and a half weeks in on 10mg and still anxious, thoughts?

Flossie11
18-10-12, 07:20
So I've been on a 10mg dose for about 4 and a half weeks. The first ten days were really difficult as far as side effects go, increased anxiety and panic, sleep trouble, really hard. This curbed and I felt a fair bit better in about week 3. Finding now though, that my daily anxiety level is still hovering higher than I had hoped. Still dealing with dizziness and sweating, general anxious discomfort..
I think it has definitely helped, but I was hoping that by this point I would be feeling more calm.
Any thoughts? My doctor doesn't want to up the dose as I had fairly extreme side effects when I started.
Can I expect further improvements as late as 5 weeks in?
Should I be pushing for a 20 mg dose?
I am having trouble completely breaking the cycle of being afraid of the panic attacks and such when some of the physical symptoms are still so persistent.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

TJSMITH
18-10-12, 07:56
Hi there
I was on citalopram for four months and got told 10mg wouldn't touch me and not a therapeutic dose although its definitely early days for you.
I got rid of physical se but not the thoughts was switched to sertraline which at five months is now finally working.
Hang in there x

radoel
18-10-12, 10:58
I am on 10mg and it IS a therapeutic dose for me. I am about 4 and a half weeks in and still struggling although I am improving slowly. I would give it a couple more weeks if you can before altering the dose as it can take a while to fully kick in

Michaela2012
18-10-12, 11:42
I'm the same been on 20 for nearly 5 weeks but still anxious :/ going to wait one more week and that's it I think will ask for a higher dose x

Sparkle1984
18-10-12, 20:34
I've been on 10mg for 10 weeks now and although I feel a lot better than I did, sometimes I do still feel a bit anxious and down. Usually the feeling goes away after an hour or so, but it happens most days. Thankfully it's nowhere near as bad as it was 10 weeks ago, but I was hoping I'd have improved more by now. By week 3 I started to see a big improvement in my mood, but now the improvement seems to have tailed off.