PDA

View Full Version : Participants needed for research on panic attacks - UCL

LanghoffC
18-10-12, 12:26
Participants needed for online research on Anxiety - University College London

Do you suffer from symptoms of anxiety?

Do you experience panic attacks?

People who experience panic attacks often have fears about how their body works. For example, some people have a strong fear of losing control of their bladder or/and bowel; for others this is not a major concern. These fears can cause them great distress, limiting their day-to-day activities and disrupting social relationships.

We are looking for participants to complete an online questionnaire, as part of our study, which is being conducted at University College London. Your information will increase our knowledge of difficulties with anxiety, helping us to develop new and effective treatments which can improve the quality of people’s lives.

If you experience symptoms of anxiety, please copy and paste the link below into your browser to find out more about the study.

opinio.ucl.ac.uk/s?s=19304

If you have completed a previous study named ‘Fear of Incontinence in Anxiety Disorders’, please do not proceed.

Elle-Kay
18-10-12, 14:40
I'm more than happy to participate, but having recently been a postgraduate research student myself, could you maybe tell us a little more about this please? For example:
- is it a student or academic staff research project, and at what level?
- is there anyone within the faculty who could verify that the study is genuinely connected with UCL, and that it has been scrutinised by academic staff? (especially in terms of safeguarding etc. since it relates to personal/sensitive issues)

As you are researching anxiety, I'm sure you understand that this information would provide reassurance to some of our more anxious members, and lead them to be more confident in responding to the questionnaire :)

xtremx
21-10-12, 15:13
Have filled it in hope it helps other and in the end me and will be interseted to read the finished paper.

BellaBella88
05-11-12, 14:05
Hello, I took the questionairre.

sophieunderscore
05-11-12, 17:03
I'm more than happy to participate, but having recently been a postgraduate research student myself, could you maybe tell us a little more about this please? For example:
- is it a student or academic staff research project, and at what level?
- is there anyone within the faculty who could verify that the study is genuinely connected with UCL, and that it has been scrutinised by academic staff? (especially in terms of safeguarding etc. since it relates to personal/sensitive issues)

As you are researching anxiety, I'm sure you understand that this information would provide reassurance to some of our more anxious members, and lead them to be more confident in responding to the questionnaire :)

If you click on the link it has all the information on the screen :)

AnxiousBaker
08-11-12, 20:04
Just taken this.

LanghoffC
12-11-12, 11:36
Dear all,

thank you very much for those who have already taken part. Sophie, thank you so much for addressing Elle-Kays concerns. Indeed all the information about the study is available on the information page once you click on the link. The project is for my Doctorate in Clinical Psychology and has ethical approval from the University College London ethics committee. I am supervised by Dr Sunjeev Kamboj who can be contacted if you wish to verify. In that case kindly send me an email (the address is on the study information if you go copy and paste the study link into your browser) and I will give you his contact details. opinio.ucl.ac.uk/s?s=19304

Please do not hesitate to contact me with further questions.

I am still recruiting for the study.

Christine