PDA

View Full Version : My HIV paranoia won't stop, input would help

Tastee
18-10-12, 21:26
So from either me picking at my scalp, biting my
Nails, biting my lip, touching my beard.. Whatever it is I always feel that I'm contracting HIV. I always assume there's HIV blood under my nails, or on my fingers. It won't stop.. Any advice? It drives me nuts

lo89
18-10-12, 21:46
HIV cannot survive outside the body for more than a few seconds.

ChrisMayo
18-10-12, 23:17
HIV health anxiety was a big thing for me for about a year. Mainly worrying about sexual experiences, about who people had been with previously etc. After a few talks with doctors and reading up on it, it soon reassured me how unlikely it is for someone in a low risk group to have it, or contract it.

There is zero chance of contracting it from hair or skin or under fingernails. Please don't worry about that.

Not sure about where you are, but if you can get an HIV test (even though you don't need one) it will put your mind to rest and you can move on with your life :)

Stay happy x

dogsandtea
19-10-12, 01:29
HIV is harder to contract than you may initially think. Not that you should go around having a lot of unprotected sex. You won't have it.
If you are worried, have a test.

I used to be obsessed with it too, and was too scared to have a test for over a year, in the end I just had one. Obviously it was fine.