PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone

JaqH63
18-10-12, 22:46
Hello, I'm new to this site. It is great to talk to people who know exactly what you are feeling! My problems aren't as severe as some people I have read about but I still find life a bit of a challenge. I suffer from anxiety and am socially very very anxious. I try and mix with people but I either stammer or clam up. This had led to me not wanting to go out and meet people. I use to be very different and can't pinpoint when I started to change into who I am now. I have been bullied in work situations and lost confidence as I got older rather than gaining confidence as lots of people do. I have had CBT before and it helped but the waiting list at the moment is massive. I recently came off anti depressants as I was diagnosed with a thyroid gland problem and they are trying to find the right medication for that. I am going to try and change my lifestyle and see if that helps. I don't tell people I know how I feel as I work with children as well as running my own business part time. I am absolutely no threat to children at all and am good at my job but people might think I am not suitable to work with children if they know I have depression and anxiety problems. Really looking forward to perhaps getting useful advice on here and perhaps help others.

fozzy is crying
18-10-12, 22:49
:welcome:
:bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1:

nomorepanic
18-10-12, 22:56
Hi JaqH63

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.