PDA

View Full Version : Really sore scalp to touch could it be shingles really edgy

gordie1
18-10-12, 22:52
Hi there I have an ear infection and tonsilitis and I am on antibiotics I feel though a bit weak and shivery and my whole scalp is really sore to touch I am wondering if it is common with a virus type thing. Anyone else had it . I feel pretty rotten. I cant help feeling it may be shingles

cattttt
19-10-12, 06:07
Sore, sensitive skin is common with any sort of infection. If it's shingles, you should get the rash as well.

Tufty
19-10-12, 11:55
Hi,

I have a sore to touch scalp for months at a time, I can't wear my hair up or sunglasses. It usually coincides with a time when I'm run down - I get lots of ear infections, coughs, colds etc and recently had a herpes/shingles outbreak on my face and impetigo :wacko: I saw my Gp about it after having the scalp thing for a few months but he was as dismissive as usual.
It's getting better at the moment but I'm taking supplements and eating well so that might be helping. Do you have any other symptoms - apart from the ear infection/tonsilitis and feeling crap symptoms! for example sore tongue, twitching muscles ???
Hope you feel better soon
Sam

stefanhall
25-10-12, 08:23
Hi there I have an ear infection and tonsilitis and I am on antibiotics I feel though a bit weak and shivery and my whole scalp is really sore to touch I am wondering if it is common with a virus type thing. Anyone else had it . I feel pretty rotten. I cant help feeling it may be shingles

OMG, yes there is a chance that it is shingles. I can help you out. Just pm me for the whole information about shingles.