PDA

View Full Version : Let me tell you about me

Laura123
18-10-12, 22:54
Ok, so here I go. I am 36, married with 2 beautiful kids. My anxiety started when I was very young, about 4or 5. My parents divorced when I was 3 and I vividly. Remember panicking for my mum all the time. As I grew up my stepfather made his feelings very clear, he hated kids, he hated me, I got in the way. When I was 17 my mum finally left him for another man, sadly she left me too, this was my first real introduction to real proper panic attacks. I am sad to say I was desperately unhappy and dabbled quite a bit with recreational drugs, my late teens and early 20's are quite honestly a blur of trying to survive. My mum suffered a breakdown when I was 22, I picked up the pieces and mum came back into my life. Anxiety still plagued me. I married and had my son and was finally so happy. 2 years later I had my daughter and we were unlucky to come out if hospital with mrsa this is where my health anxiety started. Just recently I would say the past year, I have become agrophobic, and my life has been turned upside down with the most dreadful anxiety stopping everything in its tracks. I am now taking sertraline which is helping so far. I am such a laid back easy going person who on the whole is actually very bubbly and happy, always cracking jokes. I will beat this, I want to be the best mum I can be, I want my kids to never see me go through the stuff I watched mum go through, it damages a child. This forum has helped me so much, I hope some of my experiences can offer some help to sine of you just as yours have helped me. So there you go, that's me :) xx

fozzy is crying
18-10-12, 22:59
:welcome:

:bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1:

nomorepanic
18-10-12, 23:04
Hi Laura123

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Laura123
18-10-12, 23:05
Been coming here a good few weeks now, just thought I would "share my story" tonight :) x

MissHDynamite
18-10-12, 23:31
Well hello Miss Laura.. have we met before :)

Nice to hear your story.. must do mine sometime.. your doing great and I am sure your husband and children are very proud of you.. as are we.. your NMP family :hugs: x

Elle-Kay
18-10-12, 23:34
Um, welcome? :) ;)

Laura123
18-10-12, 23:47
I perhaps posted it in the wrong place, even fooled Nicola into thinking I was a newbie lol x