PDA

View Full Version : so scared, please help...

mila
18-10-12, 23:10
Hi all,
I am in a really bad state right now and really need someone to tell me they felt this way (not that I wish this on anyone :weep:).
I have been suffering with sinuses for a while, then last week I got this cold that has been going round and they went really bad, I have been clearing up thick green/yellow stuff from the sinuses,besides the regular cold stuff. Now the stuff is reducing, it's not so green but I feel totally dreadful, I am in a state of panic all day, but now it's even worse. My nose feels blocked up deep inside and at moments I can feel a kind of pressure somewhere behind. But definitely the worse thing is the feeling like someone stuffed me with cotton wool all the way from the back of my nose to my throat and i can't get anything out! Nothing ever felt so uncomfortable and I am unable to think of anything else or come down, I am feeling like I won't be able to breathe and my throat feels like it will close down. I went to the doctor feew days ago but it wasn't so bad and she was saying or it just needs time, but now I want to run back again cause I am so scared :-(
Please guys, has anyone experienced this feeling before? I had tight throat feeling before and lump in the throat and all the anxiety stuff but have never felt this bad :-(

MissHDynamite
18-10-12, 23:26
Hello Mila. It. sounds like your nose and sinus' are full of cold. One thing you could do that might help loosen them is... get a bowl of hot water, lean over it carefully and put a towel or such like over your head so the steam is around your face. Another is to drink a hot honey lemon type drink.. both of these will help to loosen any mucas x

mila
19-10-12, 00:39
Thanks,MissH for reading and your suggestions. I tried steaming,I did it several times since my cold started, but i couldn't do it for long cause before it makes me feel anu better it actually makes me feel even more blocked up for a bit and right now I cannot stand even a little bit more blocked up feeling.

I feel so tired but I am scared to sleep cause of the way I feel. The cold itself is actually much better and I really don't understand why I feel this way. I have had a chronic sinus problems, then the cold came. But I thought the sinuses are clearing up, it's been less and less stuff coming out, like it should be getting better. The thing that makes me the most worried is that normally when I use salty water to rinse my nose I can get it all the way to my throat and it helps me clear stuff and feel better but now it's like I can't get that relief, like the water itself doesn't come all the way down, I don't know...

MissHDynamite
19-10-12, 00:45
I wouldn't suggest using salt water in that way. I would try to blow some out if you can and just prop yourself up a little higher for sleep. If it's no better in the morning pop into your local chemist to get some advise or over the counter medicine x

lo89
19-10-12, 00:49
I have got the same problem just now. I only rarely get any sinus issues, and haven't had any for about 5 years, and haven't had them during outbreaks of health anxiety before so I am struggling with this a fair bit.
I was convinced I had tumours all the way down from my mouth and nose into my lungs. It has taken me about 5 days to realise that i don't, i have sinus issues.
Boots sell a vapouriser machine which is brilliant, it only costs about £12 and really cleared me up, still a bit congested and got bad headaches but it has definitely eased.
Another thing that works well and tastes amazing is chopping garlic and lemons into shoot and boiling with cola for two hours and drinking whilst warm. Sounds gross but it tastes amazing and clears your sinuses/throat amazingly!

mila
19-10-12, 00:55
I was told by the ENT doctor I went to see when I had similar episodes last spring to use this as much as possible. I use sea salt and boil the water then cool it down a bit. I have never felt this bad though, there's nothing to blow you see, it is all way in the back, it's not like your typical congestion, it feels like it is dried up and stuffed with stuff somewhere deep down or like the whole area btw the back of my nose and throat is swollen. I am sure focusing solely on it doesn't help the feeling but on the other hand it is hard not to when it feels like this.

---------- Post added at 00:55 ---------- Previous post was at 00:50 ----------

Lo, I have to check out that vaporiser machine tomorrow. About the garlic and lemon recipe, chope them up and boil with coca-cola? How do you boil it for 2 hours, like simmering? I don't care how gross it sounds lol I would try anything.

lo89
19-10-12, 01:15
Yeah bring it to the boil and leave it to simmer. Depending how much you make you could probably get away with much less than 2 hours but I usually make loads and heat it up again as I need it, I love the taste of it personally, it is a Chinese recipe apparently. Full fat coke works best as the sugar soothes your throat.

Anxious_gal
19-10-12, 06:27
Crying might help clear your nose, it did with me :)
I know the feeling it happened me too, my nose felt so stuffed up, I had pressure in my face and throat too.