PDA

View Full Version : citalopram woeeeesssssssss

rosieposie
19-10-12, 09:37
Hi
Up until about a month ago I was taking 20mg of citalopram every other day, I kept for getting to take it so my GP recommended that I take 10mg everyday> Somewhere along the line I got confused and I took 10mg every other day for about two weeks. Then I realised my mistake about a week and a hlaf ago. I am feling really pooh, really breathless and not sleeping and feeling sick all the time. Anyone have any ideas, I can't remember how long it takes for Cit to kick in or maybe the dose I am on isn't high enough??

I blooming hate citalopram btw, the first time i was on it it worked great now even when I am on it i still get anxiety. Is this normal??

xx

ally2012
19-10-12, 10:13
Sounds like you feeling some of the withdrawal symptoms. Are you able to get back to your docs again for a review?

1st and 2nd time of Cit is the same for me too....first time it was great, second time I'm much more anxious. I'm around 4 weeks in (20mg everyday) and hoping it all calms down soon.

Hang in there xxx

STEPHYUNO
19-10-12, 12:37
Hi Rosie and Ally,
I know what yous mean, I have been back on the for about a week now after few years without and have been feeling very up and down, even though I kinda knew what to expect, it seems even worse than few years ago, (as this seems to be a common theme, I m wondering if they have changed the chemical composition)

last night I had the runs and violent vomiting, feel very run down today, I contacted nhs 24, she said it could be the citalopram as this can be a side effect, but I told her I had larger doses few years ago and dont recall those effects.

My Doctor called me back and said she thought it was maybe just a bug, coincidently a week into citalopram.

I don't know what to think and I don't eally wanna take it if it leads to the vomiting and stuff again.

Soz for being so graphic and also asking for advice, I set out to give yous support and advice, guess we're all looking for that peaceful balance.

Best wishes

Steph:)