PDA

View Full Version : Blood Tests Tuesday...stressed

kivyt73
19-10-12, 12:38
Hi Everyone,
I am stressing out about my looming blood tests on Tuesday. I have "high" cholesterol and take lipitor so I have to get my cholesterol and liver functions tested regularly. I get headaches a lot as well so I often take aspirin for those ( I find aspirin is the most effective for me). I never take more than the recommended dose and probably less but I do take it pretty often. I am concerned that the aspirin is going to cause elevated liver functions. I am really getting worked up about it. I have elevated enzymes once years ago but they immediately went right back to normal. This worrying is causing me so much stress and then I try not to take anything which means I suffer with the headaches.

Does anyone know if aspirin can cause elevated liver functions? I did research it and most things say no but then some say yes...thanks google.

Ivy

Annie0904
19-10-12, 12:57
My husband takes aspirin every day for a heart condition and he has never had any liver function problems.

nomorepanic
19-10-12, 14:01
You would probably be better switching the aspirin to paracetamol as well.

swgrl09
19-10-12, 14:28
I wouldn't be worried if you are only taking the recommended dose. I work with the elderly and a majority of them take aspirin daily for heart problems.

kivyt73
19-10-12, 17:19
thanks guys for the good advice and support. I am sure I am just working myself up over nothing. I am a bit med phobic so I always worry about everything I take.

Ivy:D