PDA

View Full Version : Ectopics when relaxed, scared its a heart problem

devon_guy
09-08-06, 13:12
I always thought that people got ectopic heartbeats when stressed. I've been really relaxed today and something absolutely hilarious has happened at work and we were all rolling around laughing and crying so much and I got all these thuds in my chest which have now sparked off panic and am confused as I was relaxed, so why did they happen? Can anyone help me please?

Face, accept, float, let time pass

**whenwillthisend**
09-08-06, 14:08
I notice mine more sometimes when im lying down or slumped in the chair watching tv..it always makes me sit up and panic.. but i think its cos at rest we notice things more thats all, stressed or not..you have no heart problem, the best thing is to ignore it

jackie
09-08-06, 14:22
they appear even when relaxed and treat excitement the same as nervousness
sometimes i get chest pain when i am talking to friends or laughing and i think holy god can i not even enjoy this

horrible

jackie

Piglet
09-08-06, 15:45
When I get them I get them every which way - infact probably more so when I am relaxed than when I am active.

Love Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

jodie
09-08-06, 19:17
hi devon guy

i get them every day and there is no pattern to when they happen but i know that having a big meal ,heat , stress, tiredness makes them much worse.
if mine are realy bad i drink ice water and it makes them calm down a bit .i think the best way to deal with them is to remember they wont hurt you they are just scary and not nice .
jodie

mia0621
10-08-06, 00:14
I get them pretty much every day. some days a lot more than others. Mine are worse when I first get up in the morning. Sometimes eating makes them come. when I ignore them or get pre occupied, they become less frequent and even go away sometimes. I went witout them for about a year, then they returned, then they were gone for about 3 months and now they are back. I know they are stress related,because i went to the emergency room. I was sent home. They didn't even give me any medication!

Mia[:I]

polly daydream
10-08-06, 14:51
Hi, I also get them when relaxed, it is quite normal apparently. If you remain scared, go and see your doc even just for reassurance.

Take care,

Polly

lisamarie36
10-08-06, 17:55
[ Hi, Like you, I suffer with these eptopic beats. Really scary, can go weeks without having them, then for no reason get them every day. Sometimes 20 to 30 a day, sometimes only 2 or 3. Get them when lying in bed, watching T.V. anytime of day. Been to G.P. many times, even had E.C.G. and was told that they are purely down to stress and anxiety. Deep down I know that is what is causing them, but it does not stop the worry, and that in turn adds to the frequency of these eptopic beats. Reading about other people having them on this site, really does help. Try to relax and chill out, it really does make a difference to the frequency of them.

Jem27
10-08-06, 19:09
I am getting them alot lately aswell, even when im relaxed. Palpatations are normal though.

alisongates
10-08-06, 23:07
hi there, yes me too and when its least expected. sometimes a stressfull week can pass and not one and then happy and relaxed, it just starts hapening all over again! anxiety makes no sence x

hunny
10-08-06, 23:42
Hiya

I seem to get these thuds/missed beats,flutters etc when i am watching tv etc.I get scared too,but seems to be a common symptom

I know how horrible they are though!

Hunny xx

richard sharp
15-08-06, 09:43
hi all
i have the same reactions as all of you and i find myself checking out my pulse when these bumps happen. they are very stressful but my doc says not to worry as my heart is ok but it still makes me very anxious.

joolee
15-08-06, 11:14
hi everyone i have had these for 3 years now i can cope with them a lot better i get my bad days and my good days today is not so good as my daughter started school today and she got quite upset i felt bad leaving her like that and guess what i started getting ectopics but i suppose i will have to take my mind off them and get on with it eh lol i have calmed them down now as i write this hope the buggers are away for a while ha ha x

mia0621
15-08-06, 11:37
I made a discovery. I was doing really great until I ate some candy and some donuts. Then the palps started. The sugar gave me excess gas and bloating. That seems to be when I get the ectopics more. If you eat a lot of sugar or anything else that causes stomach distress, cut down on it and see if it helps. Also relax as much as possible. I find that when I am tense, all of the gas bubbles seem to push upward. I can actually feel them moving about. Then when I relax or get pre occupied and don't think about it, the bubbles move downward and I don't get the flip-flops. Go to www.resonancedirect.com. There is a doctor there. He can explain why we get the flip-flops. He has posted a lengthy explaination, and also he will answer your posts.

Mia

lin
15-08-06, 14:34
Hi Devon_guy

I get ectopics when i'm stressed and when relaxed had them for 5yrs now but i try not to let them bother me. They are horrid things to have but i try not to let them worry me.

Try not to worry yourself to much they are quite commom with people with anxiety/panic attacks.

linda

Two heads
15-08-06, 19:39
I get them more when im relaxed all bending down to do something.Sometimes when im chatting to much!!xx

angiebaby
15-08-06, 22:27
Hi, i have been having them for 11 years and they still scare the hell out of me, seen a cariologist where i was supposed to be having a 24 hour tape so they could see what is going on, but, he wasn't fussed at me having one and said i was fine. Did the usual tests and found nothing, listened to my heart and said that there wasn't any heart disease so there was no risk. This however, does not make me feel any better and think that i may ask for a re-referral for a tape after all. Mine come out of the blue, stressed or relaxed, standing or sitting or bending. They are really strong too, take my breath away and there isn't just one at a time, they come in clusters of 3 or 4. They shock and scare me, especially when your not expecting them!! He said i would get more when i'm relaxed as your heart rate drops, but i get them when i'm rushing around too, they make no sense at all. I've done hundreds of ECG's and still have never caught any! If i could catch just one of the little pests then at least i've got it in black and white and it can then be diagnosed properly. Sorry to go on but they are really bothering me now. Angiebaby. x

It takes a minute to get anxiety, but a lifetime to get rid of it!!!

Taloola
29-06-08, 09:55
I dont mind getting them like one or two in patches but does anyone get them like all in a row, your just relaxing doing something and you feel your heart going strange, if you take your pulse it just has big pauses in it and the more you listen in it just pauses more and more, scarey

alan b
22-07-08, 19:29
hi
i know where you are all coming from,been havinf them for about two years,had all the test done and have a perfectly healthy hear,but they still scare the hell out of me,does any one get a rush of warmth throught the body when they get them?
take care

Vicki08
23-07-08, 22:41
I get these when I am stressed, excited, nervous, ill, tired, bloated, exercising......pretty much all the time then!!
I hate it when it happens. I was in the bank earlier today sorting out a problem and i could feel my heart missing beats and jumping about all over the place....it takes my breath away and sometimes it feels like an electric shock. I nearly ran out the bank!
I have had ECG's and they come back normal. I suppose we just got to accept them and try not to let them bother us (easier said then done!) I know of people that have had them for years and years and they are still very healthy and very much alive!

pete69
24-07-08, 21:48
as my gp told me once.."whatever will be will be"
dont be worried about bodily sensations even if there ones you havent experienced before.anxiety will throw all sorts of s**t your way and your body will react in all sorts of ways.
ive kinda learnt to just accept i will always be anxious and have sa--sounds very defeatest but im a realist.
these things are very hard to shake off...just gotta cope the best we all can with meds or whatever works for you.

This post has been automatically edited by the NMP post filter

Amy2Crazy
28-07-08, 19:27
When I started getting the palpitations, they were lasting for hours and hours...every other beat would be really hard and I would have a half-second of breathlessness. I went to the emergency room the first time (related to anxiety) because of them. As soon as I got there, they stopped....then, luckily for me (funny what we consider lucky) they started again, and they were able to catch them on the ECG. They were still going 4 hours later, and when I went to sleep that night. By the time I woke up the next morning, they were gone. Does anyone else get them in a regular, hours-long rhythm? (I know, rhytmic arrhytmia, oxymoron)... but, I mean, every other beat, or every third beat or whatever for several hours at a time?

Always,
Amy