PDA

View Full Version : Why am I so gassy?

MissSunshine
19-10-12, 19:59
Hi All, im posting about something that has been bothering me the past couple of days, I keep burping, especially after drinking water, after every sip i burp.I dont drink any pop/fizzy drinks, I mainly drink water and juice,
I keep passing wind as well, and today my right hand side of my hip and lower tummy feels achy/bloated and when i press it i feel bubbles, its really getting to me as i suffer with health and anxiety and just wondering why its happening! can anyone relate or got any advise for me please x

Annie0904
19-10-12, 20:06
I am the same and know it is worse when I am more anxious...I think it may have something to do with the way you breathe when you are anxious so you get more air intake.

MissSunshine
19-10-12, 20:16
That does make sense! i should just learn to calm down but easier said then done..

Annie0904
19-10-12, 20:17
I know..I feel I wish I could too :hugs:

California Girl
19-10-12, 21:19
I have this too, when I drink water I burp staright away and feel really bloated :weep:

I notice it more when I'm anxious. xxx

FayeM567
20-10-12, 00:00
It's probably anxiety. My GP told me that when a person is very anxious or stressed all the time it can unsettle the stomach and cause greater acid reflux in the stomach. I tend to be gassy and have more heartburn the days after i've been especially anxious.

susan1963
20-10-12, 11:27
hiya, i too have been suffering with belching, wind on an evening and little shooting pains in my mid abdomen, its definetly anxiety, ive been relaxing more of late, although ive still got these symptoms, there not as bad when were stressed and anxious, the first place to be affected is the stomach, reflux causes most of the stomach symptoms, again reflux can be caused by anxiety take care :hugs: