PDA

View Full Version : Going up in dosage bit scared

mandshere2000
19-10-12, 21:47
Hi to everyone
Been on 40mgs of Prozac since 2004 and been having rough time lately with feeling very down and anxious with racing thoughts
My GP wants me to up to 60 mgs daily but only alternate days she says doing this will level out to me having 50 mgs daily.... has anyone else done it this way and did they notice a difference in how they feel etc
Manda

STEPHYUNO
19-10-12, 22:43
Hi Manda, hope youre feeling well just now, I know how hard it is trying to get the right balance, (med and dosage).

I have beeb on all sorts of SSRIs over the years but highest dose of prozac I took was 20 mg daily and found that I was yawning a lot during day and had some anxiety rushes. So I can only imagine what that's like on 40mg.

I've been on and off anti depressants, but my friend had a similar experience to you, he took seroxat long term about 40 mg daily for several years, then he said they didnt seem to be working as well and anxiety was creeping back in.

I know this probably isnt that helpful, but just to let you know you aint alone, even when you feel it.

I hope things level out for you soon and you start feeling much better,

Steph

mandshere2000
19-10-12, 23:04
Hi
Thank you for your thoughtful reply, really helps
That's somthing that worries me about Prozac it helping the depression but probably not
good for the anxiety....but I have had periods of being free of anxiety and panic while on Prozac, but do wonder if being on them for so long maybe they don't work as well
Also wonder when the best time is to take them, I take 1 at lunch time and the other at night. Manda